Fair Park Medical Careers Magnet High School
Fair Park Medical Careers Magnet High School is a high school located at 3222 Greenwood Road in Shreveport, Louisiana, U.S.A. When it opened as Fair Park High School in 1928, it was the second high school in the city. C.E. Byrd High School, known in its first year as New Shreveport High School, opened in 1925.
In 2001 Fair Park High School was listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
- Tim Brando (Class of 1974) CBS Sports announcer
- Roy L. Brun (Class of 1971), state district court judge and former member of the Louisiana House of Representatives
- Morris Claiborne (Class of 2009) Dallas Cowboys cornerback
- Wendell Davis, American football wide receiver
- Chuck McMichael (Class of 1975), Commander-in-chief, Sons of Confederate Veterans, 2008-2010
- Jimmy G. Shoalmire (Class of 1958, 1940-1982), American historian
- Pat Tilley (Class of 1971), St. Louis Cardinals football player, 1975-1986; leader of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- Stanley R. Tiner (Class of 1960), Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist
- Lorenz James "Lo" Walker, Mayor of Bossier City
- Tome Walters, Jr (Class of 1965) Lieutenant General, USAF 1970-2004
- Sam "Charlie" Wilkinson (Class of 1960), Houston Astros 1967-1977, Louisiana Tech University Athletics 1977-2005. Wilkinson is the only Fair Park graduate to have played professional baseball.
- A. L. Williams (Class of 1953), Fair Park and Woodlawn high school football coach; Northwestern State University and Louisiana Tech football coach
- Faron Young (Class of 1951), American country music singer and songwriter from the early 1950s through the mid-1970s.
|This Louisiana school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|