Approaching the railroad crossing in Oakford
|Elevation||860 ft (260 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||440462|
Oakford was laid out in 1852.
Oakford lies at a railroad crossing of State Road 26, and little more than 1 mile (about 2 km) east of State Road 26's intersection with U.S. Route 31 until November 2013. Now US 31 has been moved over, and Oakford is right at the State Road 26 exit (on the west side) on the new interstate grade Highway US 31.
It is located at.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Oakford, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- Geographic Names Information System Feature Detail Report, Geographic Names Information System, 1979-02-14. Accessed 2008-01-07.
- "Howard County's Townships and Their Early Settlements and Towns". Kokomo-Howard County Public Library. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- DeLorme. Indiana Atlas & Gazetteer. 3rd ed. Yarmouth: DeLorme, 2004, p. 33. ISBN 0-89933-319-2.
|This Howard County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|