Fairfield Township, Tuscarawas County, Ohio
|Fairfield Township, Ohio|
Municipalities and townships of Tuscarawas County.
|• Total||22.1 sq mi (57.3 km2)|
|• Land||22.1 sq mi (57.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.2 km2)|
|Elevation||1,083 ft (330 m)|
|• Density||67.4/sq mi (26.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087054|
Located in the northeastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Sandy Township - north
- Warren Township - east
- Goshen Township - south
- Dover Township - west
- Lawrence Township - northwest
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. The current trustees are William Beans, Kenneth Brown, and John Dunn, and the fiscal officer is Jennifer Brown.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Tuscarawas County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Tuscarawas County, Ohio — Engineer: Joseph S. Bachman. Tuscarawas County. Accessed 2007-06-01.