From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up fairing in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Fairing may refer to:
In aerodynamics and hydrodynamics:
- Aircraft fairing, a structure in aircraft design used to reduce drag and improve appearance
- Bicycle fairing, a type of fairing coverage for bicycles
- Motorcycle fairing, a type of fairing applied to motorcycles
- Yacht fairing, the process of making a yacht hull smooth so that it moves efficiently through the water
- Payload fairing, An aerodynamic structure that encapsulates the payload of a rocket-powered launch vehicle to improve aerodynamics and also to protect the payload while flying in the atmosphere. The fairing jettisons after the spacecraft has exited the atmosphere.
- Cable fairing, a form of fairing applied to towed cables, primarily in marine environments
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Fairing.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.