Fairmont San Jose
|The Fairmont San Jose|
The Fairmont San Jose tower and annex
|Hotel chain||Fairmont Hotels and Resorts|
|Address||170 South Market Street
San José, California
|Owner||The Swig Company|
|Height||76.80 m (252.0 ft)|
|Floor count||Tower: 22
|Floor area||Meetings: 28,000 sq ft (2,600 m2)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Tower: Hellmuth, Obata and Kassabaum
Annex: Gensler Associates
Moore Ruble Yudell Architects
|Number of rooms||Tower: 500
|Number of suites||Tower: 42
|Number of restaurants||Fountain Restaurant
The Grill on the Alley
|Parking||US$26 per night|
There is a swimming pool and associated deck on rooftop, with a specially designed windscreen to create a microclimate designed to be acceptable for sunbathing and swimming. The analysis of this rooftop environment was carried out in the early planning stages using a computer simulation of air flow in the presence of the then existing and proposed Fairmont structures. There is also an indoor cabana/bar on the rooftop.
The 13-story, 264 room annex was constructed on the site of the historic Hotel Montgomery, that was moved 57 m (187 ft) to the south and restored to what is now the Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown hotel at a cost of US$8.5 million.
- Fairmont San Jose at Emporis
- Fairmont San Jose Annex at Emporis
- Fairmont San Jose at SkyscraperPage
- Fairmont San Jose at Structurae
- San Jose Fairmont Hotel (2011). "The Fairmont San Jose". The Swig Company. Retrieved 2 September 2011.
- "Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Downtown". SanJose.com. 2010. Retrieved 21 September 2010.