Faisal Raza Abidi
|Şŷéď Faisal Raza Abidi|
|Pakistan Senator to the Pakistan Senate|
March 2009 – Apr 16, 2014
|President||Asif Ali Zardari|
|Prime Minister||Yousaf Raza Gillani, Raja Pervaiz Ashraf|
|Born||Syed Faisal Raza Abidi
|Political party||Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP)|
|Alma mater||B.A. and B.B.A|
|Profession||Spokesman Voice of Shohada e Pakistan|
|Committees||Standing Committee on Information Technology and Telecommunications
Standing Committee on Environment
Standing Committee on Communications
Faisal Raza Abidi is a Pakistani political figure and a former senator representing the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) for Sindh Province, from March 2009 to January 2013. He also served as the party president of Karachi Division and held a high ranking membership of the central committee of the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP). A businessman by profession, Abidi is also the Chief Executive Officer of the Al-Zulfiqar Group of Companies, Karachi, since 2008.
Abidi was suspended from PPP's core committee in August 2012. According to PPP sources he was unable to negotiate peace with Shias of Hazara in Quetta. He refused to help solve the crisis which put tremendous pressure on PPP government. The government tasked him to do discussions with the Shia community, to which he refused. Abidi was made president of the Karachi division in November last year. PPP Karachi division spokesperson, Kausar Amir said that Abidi had resigned because of health reasons and had also been admitted to the hospital. As a senator Abidi is member of following Senate committees:
- Standing Committee on Information Technology and Telecommunications
- Standing Committee on Labour and Manpower
- Standing Committee on Communications
- Standing Committee on Environment
- Standing Committee on Defence and Defence Production
- Faisal Abidi resigns from senate
- Syed Faisal Raza Abidi "Pakistan Herald Profile"
- Syed Faisal Raza Abidi "Senate Of Pakistan Profile"
- Syed Faisal Raza Abidi "Awaztoday Profile"
- Syed Faisal Raza Abidi "Facebook Social Fan Page"
- "PPP suspends Abidi from core committee". Dawn. 6 August 2012. Retrieved 25 July 2013.