Faith Freedom International
Screenshot of FFI
Type of site
|Registration||eNom, Inc. (R39-LROR)|
|Available in||English, Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Spanish|
|Created by||Ali Sina|
|Launched||October 26, 2001|
Faith Freedom International (FFI) is a website that is critical of Islam. FFI identifies itself as "a grassroots worldwide movement of ex-Muslims and all those who are concerned about the rise of the Islamic threat". According to the website, FFI was founded by an Iranian residing in Canada, going by the pseudonym of "Ali Sina." On the website, Ali Sina has issued a standing challenge that he will remove the FFI website if proven wrong on a number of issues.
Faith Freedom International is listed by Richard Dawkins in the Appendix of his book, The God Delusion, as one of the few Islamic related "friendly address[es], for individuals needing support in escaping from religion" (although it was removed from the website following protest from other ex-Muslims and atheists). FFI's mission statement is included in Ibn Warraq's book Leaving Islam: Apostates Speak Out. According to Internet Infidels, "Faith Freedom International echoes the voice of Muslim dissidents that strive for freedom of faith and freedom from faith in Islamic countries."
Website access and traffic
According to a 2002 study by professor Jonathan Zittrain and Benjamin Edelman of Harvard University, Saudi Arabia had banned the website. Ranking.com and Alexa list faithfreedom.org among the top 35,000 and 45,000 websites, respectively, as measured by traffic as of January 2012, however their rankings have been on a continuous decline, it now ranks somewhere between 66,000-68,000.
Alleged deaths threats and hacking attempts
As a result Ali Sina claims to have received death threats from "two imams in India" who he alleges have offered a reward of USD 20,000 (or 1 million Rupees) for anyone who kills him. The site itself has been hacked and subject to DDOS attacks several times since the website opened 12 years ago, most recently in January 2010.
The website contains several articles authored by notable persons, including:
Sina’s contention is that Islam promotes hate and disunity and as such it is an impediment to peace. According to his website, he has issued a challenge that should anyone prove him wrong he will publicly acknowledge his error and withdraw his charges against Islam, and will pay $50,000 to that person.
FFI contains several books of Anwar Shaikh:
- Apostasy in Islam
- Criticism of Islam
- Internet censorship in Pakistan
- List of former Muslims
- MANIFESTO: Together facing the new totalitarianism
- "Ex-Muslim's site trashes Muhammad – Founder challenges: Prove me wrong and I'll take down page". WorldNetDaily. Sep 16, 2004. Retrieved September 18, 2007.
- Jamie Glazov (Dec 31, 2004). "Symposium: Gender Apartheid and Islam". FrontPageMagazine.com. Retrieved September 18, 2007.
- Dawkins, Richard (2006). The God Delusion. Boston: Houghton Mifflin Co. p. 379. ISBN 0-618-68000-4.
- Internet Archive of relevant Richard Dawkins Page
- Ibn Warraq (2003). Leaving Islam: Apostates Speak Out. Amherst, NY: Prometheus Books. pp. 433–436. ISBN 1-59102-068-9.
- Islam - related sites by Internet Infidels
- URLs Blocked in Saudi Arabia – "F" Faith Freedom
- Alexa.com: Ratings for FaithFreedom.org
- Faith Freedom at ranking.com
- Muslim Mindset: 'The hatred is in Muhammad himself' – Jerusalem post Interviews Ali Sina.
- Miller, A. "Recent Attacks On "Counter Jihad" Websites". International Free Press Society. Retrieved October 9, 2010.
- Jihad Watch, June 7, 2008, Faith-Freedom Hacked
- see here and here
- see here and Emerson's own website[dead link]
- See here and here
- see here and here
- see here and here[dead link]
- see here and here
- Peacemaker's Guide to Warmongers: Exposing Robert Spencer, David Horowitz, and other Enemies of Peace by Edip Yuksel, 2010, Published by Brainbow Press, ISBN 978-0-9796715-3-1; p. 145-267
- ICSSA, Exposing Blindness of "Freethinkers" about Islam; A Debate between YAMIN ZAKARIA and ALI SINA; Published: February 27, 2005 ]
- "Debates". FaithFreedom.org. Retrieved October 16, 2011.
- Sina's Challenge, FaithFreedom.org
- Islam and Human Rights
- Islam: The Arab Imperialism