April 14, 1971 |
Boston, Massachusetts, US
|Occupation||Actor, writer, radio host, television personality, television presenter|
Faith Coley Salie (born April 14, 1971) is an American actress, comedian, radio host, and television personality. She first became known for her role as Sarina Douglas on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and went on to host the Public Radio International program Fair Game with Faith Salie.
Born in Boston, Massachusetts, Salie is the daughter of real estate investor Robert Salie and Gail (Coley) Salie. She grew up in the Atlanta area with two older brothers: Doug (the eldest) and David Salie, who served as Director of House Party Fundraising for the 2004 Howard Dean presidential campaign.
Salie was married on June 4, 2005 to Nick Holly, a television writer/producer and brother of actress Lauren Holly. The couple divorced in 2009. Salie married John Semel on October 16, 2011 in Rome, Italy.
Faith Salie graduated in 1989 from North Springs High School in Fulton County, Georgia (now Sandy Springs, Georgia). Turned down for admission to Yale University, she enrolled as an undergraduate at Northwestern University and later transferred to Harvard University. She graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Harvard with a degree in History and Literature of Modern France and England. Awarded a Rhodes scholarship, she went on to earn an M.Phil. in Modern English Literature from Oxford University.
She previously appeared in the 2004 Bravo improvisational sitcom Significant Others, as well as other television sitcoms and dramas, including Sex and the City and as Sarina Douglas on the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episodes "Statistical Probabilities" (1997) and "Chrysalis" (1998). A stand-up comedian and "pop-culture pundit" on several VH-1 programs, Salie served as co-creator, host, and writer/producer for Fair Game. She also appears as a guest on Red Eye w/ Greg Gutfeld, serves as a frequent panelist on Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me!, and contributes commentaries to CBS Sunday Morning.
- Close to Home (2006)
- Significant Others (2004)
- Miss Match (2004)
- Dragnet (2003)
- Astro Boy (2003)
- Odyssey 5 (2002)
- Black Scorpion (2001)
- Sex and the City (2000)
- Charmed (2000)
- Sabrina, the Teenage Witch (1999)
- Unhappily Ever After (1998–1999)
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (1997–1998)
- Married... with Children (1996)
- Alien Avengers (1996)
- Oldest Living Confederate Widow Tells All (1994)
- FaithSalie.com. "Biography for Faith Salie". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 30 January 2010.
- Fair Game - PRI.org Retrieved September 15, 2008
- "Faith Salie and Nick Holly". New York Times. 5 June 2005. Retrieved 30 January 2010.
- "Gail Coley". Retrieved January 30, 2010.
- Stableford, Dylan (20 June 2007). "So What Do You Do, Faith Salie, Host, Fair Game? [interview]". Media Bistro. Retrieved 25 November 2009.
- "Biography for Nick Holly". IMDb. Retrieved 30 January 2010.
- "What I Wore to My Divorce". Double X Blog. Slate Magazine. October 26, 2009.
- "Faith Salie, John Semel". New York Times. 13 Oct 2011. Retrieved 2 June 2012.
- Faith Salie biography - PRI.org Retrieved September 15, 2008.
- Salie appears as "Rina" in the September 10, 2000 Sex and the City episode "Escape from New York."