Fall Branch, Tennessee
|Fall Branch, Tennessee|
|• Total||4.5 sq mi (11.7 km2)|
|• Land||4.5 sq mi (11.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,490 ft (454 m)|
|• Density||290/sq mi (110/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1284051|
Fall Branch is part of the Johnson City Metropolitan Statistical Area, which is a component of the Johnson City–Kingsport–Bristol, TN-VA Combined Statistical Area – commonly known as the "Tri-Cities" region.
Fall Branch is located at (36.419684, -82.626760).
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,313 people, 547 households, and 404 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 281.3 people per square mile (108.6/km2). There were 585 housing units at an average density of 125.3/sq mi (48.4/km2). The racial makeup of the CDP was 99.16% White, 0.38% Native American, and 0.46% from two or more races.
There were 547 households out of which 27.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 63.1% were married couples living together, 7.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 26.0% were non-families. 23.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 9.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.40 and the average family size was 2.84.
In the CDP the population was spread out with 21.5% under the age of 18, 5.0% from 18 to 24, 30.2% from 25 to 44, 27.3% from 45 to 64, and 16.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 41 years. For every 100 females there were 101.1 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 95.3 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $37,083, and the median income for a family was $42,802. Males had a median income of $30,776 versus $20,568 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $19,605. About 1.1% of families and 3.0% of the population were below the poverty line, including none of those under age 18 and 9.5% of those age 65 or over.
Fall Branch is located off Interstate 81 exit 50, on State Route 93 near where Tennessee State Route 93 and Tennessee State Route 81 intersect South of Kingsport, north of Jonesborough and northeast of Greeneville.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Fall Branch CDP, Tennessee". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved August 3, 2012.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Fall Branch CDP, Tennessee". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved August 3, 2012.