Fally Ipupa in 2012
|Birth name||Fally Ipupa Nsimba|
|Also known as||Dicap la merveille,El pibe de oro|
December 14, 1977 |
Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
|Genres||Ndombolo, rumba, soukous,world music|
|Labels||F-Victeam, Obouo Music, Universal A-Z|
Fally Ipupa Nsimba (born December 14, 1977), known by his stage name Fally Ipupa, is a Congolese singer-songwriter, dancer, philanthropist,guitarist and producer. from Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo. He was part of the band of Koffi Olomidé, Quartier Latin International, from 1999 to 2006 before starting a solo career. His first solo album was Droit chemin released in 2006, which went on to sell over 100,000 units, and his second album Arsenal de Belles Melodies (A2BM) was released in 2009. In 2007, Ipupa won the Kora Awards for Best Artist or Group from Central Africa. In 2010, Fally Ipupa won the MTV Africa Music Awards 2010 for Best Video (for Sexy Dance) and Best Francophone. He won the urban awards for best African artist. Ipupa was nominated in the Best Live Act category at the 2014 MTV Africa Music Awards. He released an album named kosa leka in 2014.Ipupa, who is also a noted guitar player, connected with audiences stateside with "Chaise Electrique," a bilingual love song featuring former G-Unit singer Olivia.
Fally Ipupa Nsimba was Born on 14 December 1977 in Kinshasa in the Democratic Republic of Congo in a large family, Fally Ipupa is rocked by music from an early age. Having been raised Catholic, he began singing in the choir of the Church. In adolescence, the young Congolese man began his musical career in various small groups in Kinshasa, in the mid-1990s Fally attracts attention with his honeyed voice and eventually integrate small groups in his district, including " New City "or" New Covenant. " But it was not until the late 1990s that the young artist will include a group of nationally recognized "Latent Talent," with whom he recorded his first album. Fally improvised then singer, guitarist and dancer.
Quartier Latin International
In the late 1990s, a key meeting seals the beginning of a musical ascension, the one with the Quartier Latin International Koffi Olomide. Fally has its place and became conductor of it. It takes successively Attentat , Force de frappe, Effrekata, Affaire d'État, Monde Arabe and Danger de mort. He puts his first real song, Forever, the album Force De Frappe . It is also known for duets he performed with Koffi Olomide in Effrakata especially with Sparkling in 2001, the Congolese public likes nicknames and superlatives will soon call him 'Di Caprio' for its beauty, ' Anelka , the most expensive 'for its value, or' The Great One 'for his talent. transfer He began his project juggling the work of his album right path and Risk of death that his band Quartier Latin.
In 2006, he presented his first solo album " Straight Path " produced by David Monsoh Obouo of Music (known for his work with names of African music with Koffi Olomide , Papa Wemba , DJ Arafat and throwing Douk Saga and JetSet ). He collaborated with Maddy Munan, Krys (musician) , Mokobé of 113 and Ben J of Neg 'Marrons , including songs like Liputa, Orgasy and Sopeka emerging in the Democratic Republic of Congo and Africa . Its success is evident when -Ci gets a gold record for more than 100,000 copies sold.
Prices and appointments also showered because he won Césaire music male artist of the year in Paris, two Black Music Awards for Male Artist of the Year, Best clip in Benin, Male Artist of the year in Ivory Coast. He was nominated in the category "Best Soukous Entertainer" to IRAMWA awards to United States and best artist in Central Africa at the Kora Awards . The career of the artist is started, it connects the concerts, tours and lectures. On 7 April 2007 the artist has performed at the Olympia .
With its success, Fally no plans to reinstate the Latin Quarter but do not clear in numerous interviews, he admits always be part of the Latin Quarter (he says he "layoff") which angers Koffi Olomide of asking him to stop using the name of his band to promote it.
Arsenal de Belles Melodies "A2BM"
Three years after the release of Straight Path, Fally released a second album of 16 tracks called " Arsenal de Belles Melodies " is to say "A2BM." In this album we can see, participation 's Olivia Longott , American singer (former member of G-Unit by 50 Cent ) in the song " Electric Chair "and Krys in " Step Up "for the second consecutive time after " Right Way Remix . " He won his second gold drive through this album with over 100,000 copies sold, including 40,000 in a week, a record for a Congolese artist. [ref. needed] . On 16 May 2009 , when Creole Night organized by the group Kassav ' , Fally runs a good performance on its own to Kassav 'and ignites the Stade de France filled with 90,000 people. It also supports group "LamusiK". They work on a project being called "Young Star." Artist book a recital at the Zenith de Paris on 2 January 2010, bringing together more than 6,000 people.
He won numerous trophies as 3 Ndule awards 2010 ("Best Album", "Best Video" and "Best Song"), "Micro Gold", "Best Artist Central Africa" to Soundcity Music Video Awards (SMVA 2010), Double Mama to Mtv Africa Music Awards 2010, Best Francophone Artist and Best Music Video: "Sexy Dance" Nominated at MTV Europe Music Awards 2011, Nominated at the BET Awards 2011, 4 trophies to Moamas Awards, two Okapi Awards 2011 appointed Nostalgies Music Awards 2012
On Saturday 11 June 2011, he participated in the African Night at Stade de France with other African stars. He participated in a gesture for Haiti and Spread the word .
Power "Kosa Leka" and World Power Version
April 4, 2013, he launched the record market his third album Power "Kosa Leka" which contains 22 tracks. In this album you can listen to beautiful songs like "Bruce", "Service", "Terminator", "1000% Mawa", "Anissa", "Skype", "Love Assassin", "Sony", "Double Click" "Kosa Leka" Hustler is Back "," Ndoki "," Oxygen "and many others ... The official video for the song "Ndoki" was counted more than 150,000 views on YouTube in less than a week (a record for a Congolese artist). success of his third album is now since the album has sold over 30,000 copies in a month. May 14, 2013, Fally won the trophy for "Best African Artist" at the first edition of Trace Urban Music Awards.
He also signed a contract for 3 albums (World Version) in April 2013 with Universal (Label AZ ), the largest record company in the world. This demonstrates the implementation of African music. Note the presence of the American singer Eve on the track "Sex'plosif" as reported Congolese artist during the show Guest Star Trace TV in February.
He participated in the MTV Africa All Stars with artists of both national and international renown such as Snoop Lion enciennement known as Snoop Dogg, 2Face Idibia, Flavour and others in front of over 15,000 spectators at May 18, 2013 Moses Mabhida stadium in Durban. It also participates in the project Doc Agric for the development of agriculture in Africa to ratings of several African artists D-Banj and Tiken Jah Fakoly.
On May 5, 2014 he posts (Facebook and YouTube) his new title "Original" on the video you can see the singers Zouk Lynnsha and Fanny J dance song Original and basketball player OKC Thunder's Serge Ibaka also. This piece moves already most African cities like Kinshasa, Brazzaville, Dakar, Douala, Abidjan, Luanda and others. Note that in the song Fally Ipupa highlights the folk style of Africa and especially the rhythm of the music of Ecuador DRC. The video of the song reached the milestone of 1 million views in three months.
After winning the Afrimma in Dallas in the Best Artist category for Central Africa in July 2014, Fally Ipupa traveled to Washington as part of the summit 'US-Africa gathering for which Barack Obama invited 47 African leaders the period from 4 to 6 August 2014 According to the White House, this meeting in order to strengthen ties "U.S. / Africa" because the continent for a long time sidelined revitalizes itself increasingly. Among a dozen African artists are present, Fally Ipupa is again the pride of Central Africa, as it is the only artist from central Africa to be invited.
- Right Way (Remix) feat. Krys (2007)
- Come we'll dance feat. Mokobé and Princess Lover (2007)
- Malembé feat. Mokobé (2007)
- Orthotanasie feat. Celeo Scram (2008)
- Chaise Electrique feat. Olivia (2009)
- Black and White feat. Barbara Kanam (2009)
- Sexy Dance feat. Krys (2009)
- Bye bye feat. Teeyah (2009)
- Equality in law feat. Francis Lalanne (2010)
- Jungle remix feat. Dj Arafat Yorobo (2010)
- Jukpa remix feat. Jeff Martins (2010)
- Tshobo feat. Meja 30 (2010)
- Hands across the world One8 Project (2010)
- Thank you Mom Inoss'B Feat (2010)
- Nakozonga feat Lokua Kanza (2010)
- Batela nga well feat Jean-Gobal (2011)
- Dad Kele feat. Jeff Martins (2011)
- Kobosana Te feat Lynnsha (2012)
- Dangerous feat JK (2012)
- Life without you feat Loo Grant (2012)
- I expected my time feat K.ommando Toxik and Roldan Orishas (2012)
- Kwarikwa remix feat Flavour (2012)
- Mema nga feat Leila Chicot (2013)
- We The Best feat D'Banj (2013)
- Full Option feat. Bisso na Bisso Passi (2013)
- I like the way you move feat D-Black (2013)
- It's Just You And Me feat Pauline Maserati (2013)
- Kitoko feat. Youssoupha (2013)
- A Little Sun feat. Cano, Patience & Dabany Jacob Desvarieux (2013)
- Sweet Life remix feat Bigg Masta (Muana mboka) (2013)
- Dance Floor feat Ce'Cile (Jamaica) Soon
- Dance Ensemble feat Black Mesrimes (Sexion Assault) Soon
- Coco Chocolate na (One Agric) (2014)
- Family feat Lokwa Kanza (2014)
- Diaspora woman feat 2face Edibia (2014)
- Right Way (Album Gold Record 2006)
- Naza Cot'Oyo (Spot Skol BRACONGO 2008)
- Arsenal beautiful melodies (Album Platinum Record 2009)
- French Kiss : (Single 2011)
- Power "Kosa Leka" (Album 2013)
- Original (Single 2014)
- No Limit (Album 2014)
Awards and nominations
- 2006: Straight Path went gold with over 100,000 copies sold.
- Trophée des Arts Afro-Caribbean
- Two black music awards for male artist of the year
- Best clip in Benin
- Male Artist of the Year in Côte d'Ivoire
- Named to International Reggea and World Music Awards: Best Soukous Entertainer
- In 2008 he won the award for best artist of the Central African Kora Awards
- In 2007 he won the Best Male Artist at African Césaire
- May 2009, it is the 5 th most searched personality on yahoo.fr
- 2009: Arsenal beautiful melodies went platinum with over 1 million copies sold
- 3 Ndule Awards 2010 in the DRC ("Best Album", "Best Video" and "Best Song")
- "Golden Microphone", "Best Artist Central Africa" to Soundcity Music Video Awards (SMVA 2010)
- Double Mama at the MTV Africa Music Awards 2010 (Best Francophone Artist and Best Music Video: "Sexy Dance")
- Nominated for MTV Europe Music Awards 2011
- Nominated for BET Awards 2011
- 4 trophies to Moamas Awards
- 2 Awards 2011 Okapi in DRC
- Appointed Nostalgies Music Awards 2012
- "Best African Artist" in the first edition of Trace Urban Music Awards in 2013.
- Afrimma the winner in Dallas for Best Artist Central Africa
- Fally Ipupa, MTV EMA2011
- 2010 MTV Africa Music Awards: Fally Ipupa & 2Face BIG Winners at Lagos Ceremony, Ladybrille Magazine, 12 December 2010
- "Mafikizolo, Uhuru, Davido lead nominations for MTV Africa Music Awards". Sowetan LIVE. Retrieved 2014-04-17.