Falta (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|District||South 24 Parganas|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Diamond Harbour|
|Electorate (year)||182,592 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, No. 144 Falta (Legislative Assembly constituency) is composed of the following: Falta community development block, and Bhadura Haridas and Kalatalahat gram panchayats of Diamond Harbour II community development block.
|West Bengal assembly elections, 2011: Falta  |
|CPI(M)||Ardhendu Sekhar Bindu||59,295||38.17||-7.53|
|BJP||Ajit Kumar Halder||5,389||3.47|
|AITMC gain from CPI(M)||Swing||9.22#|
.# Swing calculated on Congress+Trinamool Congress vote percentages taken together in 2006.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||0||2|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||3||15|
|Revolutionary Socialist Party||1||2|
Note: New constituencies – 7, constituencies abolished – 8 (See template talk page for details)
In the 2006 state assembly elections Chandana Ghosh Dastidar of CPI(M) won the 118 Falta assembly seat defeating her nearest rival Tamonash Ghosh of Trinamool Congress. Contests in most years were multi cornered but only winners and runners are being mentioned. Tamonash Ghosh of Trinamool Congress defeated Malina Mistry of CPI(M) in 2001. Sudhir Bhattacharjee of Congress defeated Arati Dasgupta of CPI(M) in 1996. Arati Dasgupta of CPI(M) defeated Sudhir Bhattacharjee of Congress in 1991 and Dinabandhu Halder of Congress in 1987. Nemai Chandra Das of CPI(M) defeated Asraf Ali of Congress in 1982 and Mohini Mohan Parui of Congress in 1977.
Mohini Mohan Parui of Congress won the Falta seat in 1972. Jyotish Roy of CPI(M) won in 1971, 1969 and 1967. Khagendra Nath Das of Congress won in 1962 and 1957. In independent India’s first election in 1951 Jyotish Chandra Roy of CPI won the Falta seat.
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18 dated 15 February 2006". West Bengal. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 25 October 2010.
- "Falta". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-13.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Falta. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-04-30.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Falta. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-04-30.
- "118 - Falta Assembly Constituency". Partywise Comparison Since 1977. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- "Statistical Reports of Assembly Elections". General Election Results and Statistics. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2010-10-25.