Family Institute of Connecticut
The Family Institute of Connecticut is an interdenominational, conservative 501(c)(3) non-profit educational organization founded in 1989. Its stated goal is to encourage and strengthen the family as the foundation of society and to promote Judeo-Christian ethical and moral values in the culture and government of Connecticut. It has been a vocal opponent of assisted suicide and same-sex marriage in Connecticut, USA.
The FIC comprises three organizations:
- The Family Institute of Connecticut focuses on marriage-strengthening projects, educational efforts, and research. It opposes abortion, assisted suicide, and same-sex marriage, promotes alternatives to public schools, and has programs to strengthen marriages for opposite-sex couples.
- FIC Action is a 501(c)(4) social welfare organization founded in 2004. It conducts political lobbying at the state level to oppose assisted suicide and previously lobbied against same-sex marriage.
- The Family Institute of Connecticut Action Committee is a registered state of Connecticut political action committee. FIC Action Committee was created in 2004 to promote candidates for Connecticut state government who are sympathetic to the organization's agenda.
- Peter Wolfgang, President, FIC Action & Executive Director, Family Institute of Connecticut
- Lawrence Taffner, Director of Operations
- Nicole Stacy, Policy Assistant
- Ken Von Kohorn, Chairman
- Richard Caporaso, Treasurer
- Larry Arnn, President, Hillsdale College
- Michael Jarjura, former mayor, Waterbury, Connecticut
- Rev. LeRoy Bailey, Jr., Senior Pastor, The First Cathedral, Bloomfield, Connecticut
- Rabbi Yehoshua S. Hecht, Beth Israel Synagogue, Norwalk, Connecticut
- Rev. Earl M. Inswiller, Jr., Living Waters Fellowship Church, Windsor Locks, Connecticut
- FIC Clergy Advisory Council
- Catholic Bishops Urge 'Yes' Vote On Constitutional Convention Hartford Courant, Christopher Keating, October 11, 2008
- FIC Values
- Opponents of Connecticut's 'Assisted Suicide' Bill Warn Against Slippery Slope New Haven Register, Ed Stannard, February 25, 2014
- Gay Couples Celebrate New Status New York Times, Tracy Gordon Fox, October 16, 2008
- FIC Self-Profile
- CT State Elections Enforcement Commission
- Family Institute of Connecticut
- FIC Blog
- Project Vote Smart ratings
- Foundation Center
- GuideStar non-profit reports
|This article related to the politics of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|