|Headquarters||Glenview, Illinois, USA|
|Key people||Charles Hoogland, CEO
Keith Hoogland, President
Eric Hoogland, Vice-President
Family Video is the largest video rental chain in the United States, and largest overall ahead of Blockbuster. The family-owned company is headquartered in Glenview, Illinois, and has over 775 stores in 19 states and Canada with the heaviest concentration in the Midwest.
In addition to the brick and mortar store front, Family Video has branched off into other markets such as real estate, 24-hour fitness centers, and cable television. The company also sells new and previously used items online. Family Video expanded into the Canadian market in 2012. 
With the industry shift from physical cassettes and optical discs to cloud-based libraries and services, Family Video is currently appropriating leasing space at select stores to install their own Marco's Pizza locations.
In 1946, Clarence Hoogland founded Midstates Appliance and Supply Company. His son Charles Hoogland inherited the business in 1953. After getting stuck with a large inventory of videos in the late 1970s, Charles had the idea to start the Video Movie Club in Springfield, Illinois in 1978. The club originally charged a $25 membership fee and $5 per rental and later evolved into Family Video.
- "Blockbuster to close about 300 stores in U.S.". Los Angeles Times. January 22, 2013. Retrieved February 26, 2013.
- "Dish Network to close 500 Blockbuster stores". Associated Press. February 24, 2012. Retrieved September 10, 2012.
- "About Family Video". Family Video, Inc. Retrieved September 10, 2012.
- "Chain with Illinois roots still growing after video-rental competitors stumble". TMC News. August 15, 2011. Retrieved September 10, 2012.
- The State Journal-Register
- Wolter, Owen (January 17, 2012). "Opening Soon: Family Video Movie Rental Store at Tecumseh and Hall". City News. Retrieved September 10, 2012.
- Landis, Tim (February 6, 2013). "Family Video president sees continued growth". GateHouse Media Inc. Retrieved February 26, 2013.