|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2009)|
|Traded as||NASDAQ: DAVE|
|Founded||Hayward, Wisconsin, United States (1994 )|
|Headquarters||Minnetonka, Minnesota, United States|
|Number of locations||200|
|Key people||Ed Rensi CEO
Diana Purcell, CFO
|Products||Barbecue ribs, beef brisket, chicken, burgers, soups, salads, desserts|
|Footnotes / references
Famous Dave's of America is a chain of barbecue restaurants serving pork ribs, chicken, beef brisket, and several flavors of barbecue sauce. Dave Anderson, an Ojibwe who served as the head of the federal Bureau of Indian Affairs from 2004 to 2005, started the first Famous Dave's restaurant near Hayward, Wisconsin in 1994. The restaurant chain grew throughout the Midwestern United States, including Puerto Rico in 2014. It has 200 locations in 34 U.S. states and one Canadian province, as of December 2012. The first restaurant of the chain was Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que in Hayward, Wisconsin. On the morning of November 3, 2014, the first restaurant was destroyed by fire.
- "NASDAQ Opening Bell Ceremony | Famous Dave's". Famous Dave's of America. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- "Famous Dave’s Locations". Famous Dave's of America. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- Zufall, Frank. "Original Famous Dave’s Restaurant Destroyed In Fire". minnesota.cbslocal.com. WCCO. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "About Dave Anderson". Famous Dave Anderson. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- "The Legend of Famous Dave's". Famous Dave's of America. Retrieved 21 December 2012.