List of people from The Hague
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Famous people from The Hague)
This is a list of people from The Hague.
See also: List of mayors of The Hague
- Mark Rutte - current prime minister
- Willem Drees - former prime minister
- Wim Deetman - former Speaker of the Dutch parliament.
- Jozias van Aartsen - former foreign minister. Currently Mayor of The Hague
- Jan Pronk - United Nations' special representative for Sudan
- Machiel de Graaf - politician
Royalty (actual heads of state only)
- William III, (Stadtholder, King William III of England)
- William V (Stadtholder)
- King William I
- King William II
- King Willim III
- Queen Wilhelmina
- Queen Juliana
- Queen Beatrix
- Flore Zoé - photographer
- Carel Struycken - actor (Addams Family and Star Trek
- Adrian Vandenberg - guitarist
- Jurriaan Andriessen - composer
- Hendrik Berlage - architect
- Theo Bitter - artist
- Ferdinand Bordewijk - writer
- Erik Braun - artist, designer
- Lodewijk Bruckman – painter
- Dirk Bus - sculptor
- Remco Campert - writer
- Simon Carmiggelt - writer
- Bart Chabot - writer
- Louis Couperus - writer
- Charles Czarny - ballet dancer, choreographer Nederlands Dans Theatre
- Mabel Alter - ballet dancer, Nederlands Dans Theatre
- Wieteke van Dort - actress, singer
- Marcel van Eeden - artist
- Constantijn Huygens - Poet
- Golden Earring - music group
- Mark Norman - deejay duo
- Gruppo Sportivo - music group
- Harrie Jekkers - singer and comedian
- Imran Khan (singer) - Punjabi singer
- Kane - music group
- Van Kooten en de Bie - humorists
- Shocking Blue - music group, famous for the song "Venus".
- Anouk Teeuwe - singer
- Marc van Roon - jazz musician
- Max Velthuijs - illustrator
- Georgina Verbaan - actress
- Vincent van Ommen - actor
- Paul Verhoeven - movie director
- Johannes Vermeer - painter, politician
- Sander Kleinenberg - Dance Music DJ/Producer
- Marinus Snoeren - Classical musician (Cello)
- Legowelt - Electronic musician
- Daan van Bunge Cricketer who represented Netherlands in two Cricket World Cup events in 2003 and 2007.
- Dick Advocaat – football (soccer) player and former coach of the Dutch national football (soccer) team
- Raymond van Barneveld – darts player, four times Embassy/Lakeside champion and 2007 PDC World Champion
- Peter Blangé – volleyball player who won the gold medal at the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta
- Michael Boogerd – cyclist, winner of two stages of the Tour de France.
- Dan Gadzuric – NBA player
- Thom Harinck – legendary kickboxing trainer
- Martin Jol – football (soccer) player; former coach of Tottenham Hotspur F.C. and AFC Ajax, current coach of Fulham FC.
- Ties Kruize – field hockey player
- Tim Krul – football (soccer) player; current goalkeeper Newcastle United F.C.
- Alex Lely ("The Plague from The Hague") – pool player, who became World Pool Masters Champion
- Aad Mansveld – football (soccer) player
- Erica Terpstra – 1964 Olympic Swimming Champion, former Sports minister and current President of the Dutch Olympic Committee
- Bart Veldkamp – 1992 Olympic Speed Skating Champion (10 km)
- Joop Zoetemelk – cyclist, winner of the Tour de France 1980.
- Robin Haase – professional tennis player
- Baruch Spinoza - 17th century philosopher, moved to The Hague in 1670, where he finished his Ethics. Spinoza died 7 years later, at age 44.
- Christiaan Huygens - 17th century astronomer, physicist, mathematician. Member of the Royal Society, inventor of the pendulum clock and the pocket watch.
- Hendrik Jut - murderer
- Jan Tinbergen - economist, won the Nobel Prize for economics in 1969
- Lucia de Berk - jailed nurse, alleged serial killer; was set free beginning of 2010 because there was not enough evidence to prove she had anything to do with the deaths of the people they claimed she killed.
- Charles van der Leeuw - journalist