From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Origin and branch of Fàn (范)
- The Fan trace their origin to the Yao, a legendary Chinese ruler who lived from 2358 - 2258 BCE. Until the Zhou Dynasty 1122–256 BCE they are grouped with the Du clan. Legend has it that the Fan became an independent clan when a descendant of Du Bo was created Duke of Fan. His son took the name of Fan Quan or Fan Ziwen, and must have lived in the ancient state of Jin in the beginning of the Spring and Autumn period.
- Later the Fan clan lived in the area situated in the southern part of present day Shanxi and western part of present day Henan. There is nowadays a Fan County (范县) in Puyang prefecture situated in the north east of Henan province.
- Some families of this name are derived from the Mǐ (芈) surname.
- From some ancient people in Champa (Linyi, 林邑), Vietnam. The corresponding Vietnamese version is Phạm.
- From Jurchen 孛鲁术氏
- From Manchu
Notable people with the surname Fàn (范)
- Fan Li (范蠡), advisor of the Yue state during the Spring and Autumn Period
- Fan Yun (范雲), poet and friend of Emperor Wu of Liang
- Fan Ye (范曄), Chinese historian
- Fan Zhen (范縝), a Chinese philosopher of the Southern Dynasty
- Fan Zhongyan (范仲淹)
- Fan Chengda (范成大)
- Fan Bingbing (范冰冰), Chinese actress
- Fan Changjiang (范长江), Chinese journalist
- Fan Chun Yip (范俊業), Hong Kong soccer player
- FanFan (范瑋琪), Taiwanese singer
- Fann Wong (范文芳), Singaporean actress
- Mavis Fan (范曉萱), Taiwanese singer
- Fen Jie, Chinese badminton Olympic competitor
- Fan Wei, Chinese film actor
Notable people with the surname Fán (樊)
|This page or section lists people with the surname Fan. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|