Fan palm can also be used as part of the common name of particular genera or species. Among the palms commonly known as fan palms are:
- Chamaerops (European fan palm)
- Hyphaene petersiana (Real fan palm)
- Livistona (Chinese fan palm and others)
- Washingtonia (California fan palm, Mexican fan palm)
- Latania (Indian Ocean fan palms)
The Travellers palm (Ravenala madagascariensis) is often called a fan palm because of its distinctive shape; however it is not a true palm.
|This page is an index of articles on plant species (or higher taxonomic groups) with the same common name (vernacular name). If an internal link led you here, you may wish to edit the linking article so that it links directly to the intended article.|