Fans of X-Rated Entertainment
|Fans of X-Rated Entertainment|
Fans of X-Rated Entertainment (F.O.X.E., also known as FOXE) is a United States based pornography fan organization founded by adult film actor, director and critic William Margold and actress Viper. It advocates against censorship of pornography and gives annual adult film awards.
The annual FOXE awards ceremony presents three standard awards, decided by fan vote: Male Fan Favorite, Female Fan Favorite and Video Vixen for a new female performer. Additional special awards, including Fan of the Year are presented some years. In the 1990s, the Fan Favorite awards were often shared, but Vixen was always for one recipient. Since the 11th FOXE awards, the ceremony has included a "Broast" (a "benign roast") of a well-known performer who also receives a lifetime achievement award. Any performer winning Fan Favorite three times is "retired" with the FOXE X award, and they become ineligible for further awards. Holders of the FOXE X include Tera Patrick, Nina Hartley, Ashlyn Gere and Jill Kelly. Ceremony attendance fees go to support anti-censorship causes.
Held at the Mayan Theater in Los Angeles. Sean Michaels and T. T. Boy won Male Fan Favorite, Jenna Jameson, Stacy Valentine, Tiffany Mynx and Stephanie Swift shared Female Fan Favorite, Johnni Black won Vixen. Special awards were the "Lady Liberty" award for free speech activist Mara Epstein, "Friend of F.O.X.E." award for Kitty Foxx, and "Fan of the Year" Jay Holnar.
The 13th awards presentation was held June 17, 2004, in Inglewood, California. Seka was the guest of honor, and Broast subject. Teri Weigel was Mistress of Ceremonies. Tera Patrick won Female Fan Favorite, Mary Carey won the FOXE Vixen award, and Lexington Steele won Male Fan Favorite.
FOXE 14 was held on Sunday, February 20, 2005, in Inglewood, California. Teagan Presley won Video Vixen, Lexington Steele won Male Fan Favorite, and Tera Patrick won Female Fan Favorite, both for the third time. Marilyn Chambers was the Broast subject and received a lifetime achievement award.
The 15th awards were held Sunday, February 19, 2006. Randy Spears won Male Fan Favorite, for the third time (1993, 2001, and 2006), Jesse Jane won Female Fan Favorite, and Sunny Lane won the FOXE Vixen Award. Lexington Steele and Tera Patrick were formally "retired", after winning three previous FOXE awards. Christy Canyon was the Broast subject.
- William Margold - Founder of FOXE from official site
- William Margold, "Cinema Seen", Dec. 30, 2010.
- "Fans Flock to F.O.X.E. Awards", by Roy Sims, 2005-02-21, Adult Video News. Retrieved 19 April 2007.
- "Additional FOXE Award Winners Announced", by Thomas J. Stanton, 2006-02-14, Adult Video News. Retrieved 19 April 2007.
- "Tera Wins FOXE X" February 21, 2006 , Adult Industry News. Retrieved 19 April 2007.
- James F. English (30 June 2009). The Economy of Prestige: prizes, awards, and the circulation of cultural value. Harvard University Press. p. 96. ISBN 978-0-674-03653-6. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- "Adult Video Awards", CanBest.com. Retrieved 19 April 2007.
- Johnny 'The Iceman' Steele, "X-Critics Tap Tops In Torrid Tapes", Erotic X-Film Guide, August 1990, pp. 17–20.
- "Alex Jordan", Luke Ford. Retrieved 19 April 2007.
- "Randy West ... Adult Film & Video Actor" Official page. Retrieved 19 April 2007.
- "XXXNikkiDial:About Nikki" Official page. Retrieved 19 April 2007.
- "Kylie Ireland::About Me" Official site. Retrieved 19 April 2007.
- "Jenna Jameson Interview", AskMen.com. Retrieved 19 April 2007.
- "Adventures in LA LA Land", by Darklady, XMag, March 1998. Retrieved 19 April 2007.
- "Waiting for Ronnie", Wayne Hentai, AVN Insider, June 10, 2002. Retrieved 19 April 2007.
- Monica Mayhem (13 December 2013). Absolute Mayhem: Secret Confessions of a Porn Star. Skyhorse Publishing Company, Incorporated. p. 52. ISBN 978-1-62873-149-1. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "FOXE Awards & Seka Broast", by Steve Nelson, June 22, 2004, Adult Industry News. Retrieved 19 April 2007.
- "F.O.X.E. 14: All Thrills, No Frills", By Matt O'Conner, February 15, 2005, XBiz. Retrieved 19 April 2007.
- "FOXE Awards Set for Feb. 19", by Thomas J. Stanton, 2006-02-08, Adult Video News. Retrieved 19 April 2007.
- "Dieter Gone Wild", Harmon Leon, January 11, 2006, SF Weekly. Retrieved 17 April 2007.
- "An interview with Bill Margold", Ian Jane, 2003, dvdmaniacs.net. Retrieved 17 April 2007.[dead link]
- "Fans of X-Rated Entertainment (F.O.X.E.) Awards", 2008 Adam Film World Guide Directory, pg. 304.
- Fans of X-Rated Entertainment official site
- FOXE page at the Hot D'Or awards site
- archived AVN article: "FOXE Awards Showcase Porn’s Past and Future", February 20, 2006