Festival international du film fantastique de Gérardmer
The Festival international du film fantastique de Gérardmer (formerly Fantastic'Arts, from 1994 to 2008) is an international festival of horror and science fiction films (fantastique does not translate smoothly into English) which has been held each year since 1994 in Gérardmer in the Vosges, France towards the end of January. It replaced an earlier film festival which was held in Avoriaz.
Originally, it was called "Fantastica" before being given its current name to stress the artistic as well as the fantastique side of the festival. Each year, several celebrities form a jury to judge the competing films as well as present their own work, including the writer Bernard Werber, who comes each year to Place du Tilleul at the centre of the town.
- 2006 : Fragile, Jaume Balagueró (Spain)
- 2007 : Black Sheep, Jonathan King (New Zealand)
- 2010 : 5150 Elm's Way, Éric Tessier (Canada)
- 2011 : I Saw the Devil, Kim Jee-woon (South Korea)
- 2012 : Eva, Kike Maillo (Spain)
Fantastic Novel Prize
- Official website (French)
|This article about a film festival is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|