Fantasy World Dizzy
|Fantasy World Dizzy|
Art recycled for the North American release of Fantastic Dizzy.
|Developer(s)||The Oliver twins|
|Release date(s)||October 1989|
The game is considered the third in the Dizzy series and was developed under the name Dizzy III. The actual third game in the series (Fast Food) was regarded as a spin-off which deviated from the standard Dizzy format.
Fantasy World Dizzy was the first Dizzy adventure to feature many elements which later became standard for the series, such as having three lives, an improved inventory system and a balance between puzzle-solving and hazards. This game also introduced the Yolkfolk: Daisy, Denzil, Dozy, Dylan and Grand-Dizzy.
The game's plot revolves around Dizzy and his girlfriend Daisy. Daisy is taken by the King Troll while walking through a forest with Dizzy, and he has to chase after her. On his way Dizzy must also collect 30 coins. Some of them are hidden quite well.
- Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw, Zero Punctuation: Console Rundown, Escapist Magazine, August 30, 2007, Retrieved 2010-12-06
- Peter Parrish, Fantasy World Dizzy Review, Eurogamer, October 11, 2007, Retrieved 2010-12-06
- "Top 50 Games of All Time". Your Sinclair (Imagine Publishing). November 2004.
- Fantasy World Dizzy at MobyGames
- A walkthrough video of Fantasy World Dizzy on the ZX Spectrum
- Fantasy World Dizzy at World of Spectrum
- Illustrated Fantasy World Dizzy story