|Full name||Faouzi Ghoulam|
|Date of birth||1 February 1991|
|Place of birth||Saint-Priest-en-Jarez, France|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Left back|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:00, 27 April 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Ghoulam was born in Saint-Priest-en-Jarez to Algerian parents. His father is from Batna, while his mother is from Annaba. He has 8 brothers and 2 sisters, and his brother Nabil is a cross country runner that represented France at the 2004 IAAF World Cross Country Championships.
On 22 September 2010, Ghoulam made his professional debut for AS Saint-Étienne coming as a substitute in the 82nd minute of a Coupe de la Ligue match against Nice. He made his Ligue 1 debut in a round 13 clash against Valenciennes and went on to make another 11 appearances in his breakout season with Saint-Etienne, becoming a consistent starter by the end of the season. Over the next two and a half seasons, he made another 65 league appearances before moving to S.S.C. Napoli in the winter of 2014. He became an immediate starter at Napoli under Rafael Benitez and helped the side finish in third place in Serie A in 13/14.
On 18 December 2010, in an interview Algerian newspaper Le Buteur, Ghoulam said that his intentions were to represent Algeria in international competition despite being born in France. On 5 May 2011, Algerian under-23 coach Azzedine Aït Djoudi announced that Ghoulam was hesitant about joining the team, despite the fact that he was the one who contacted the Algerian Football Federation. On 6 October 2011, after being called up to the preliminary squad of the France under-21 team, Ghoulam said that he would be really proud to play for the team.
On 23 November 2012, in an interview following a league game against Valenciennes, Ghoulam announced that he was going to represent Algeria at the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations. A few days later, the Algerian Football Federation confirmed the information through a press release on its website. Ghoulam was selected in the Algeria squad for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa but he did not participate in any games. On 26 March 2013, Ghoulam made his debut as a starter in a 3–1 win over Benin in the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers, providing the assist on the first Algerian goal.
- As of 18 May 2014
- S.S.C. Napoli
- "Saint Etienne's Ghoulam opts for Algeria". Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- Découverte : Faouzi Ghoulam (AS Saint-Etienne) : «Jouer pour l’Algérie est un devoir pour moi !»
- Athletics – Nabil Ghoulam (France)
- Coupe de la Ligue : AS Saint-Etienne / OGC Nice – 16es de finale – Feuille de match
- Verts: Ghoulam avec l'Algérie, hésite pour les Espoirs; DZFoot.com, 28 May 2011.
- Verts d'Europe : Le rêve Bleu du Vert Ghoulam; DZFoot.com, 6 October 2011.
- "Faouzi Ghoulam avec l'Algérie à la CAN 2013" (in French). DZFoot. 25 November 2012. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- "La FAF confirme pour Faouzi Ghoulam" (in French). DZFoot. 26 December 2012. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- Walid Z. (11 January 2013). "Les numéros officiels des 23 Verts" (in French). DZFoot. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- "Algérie 3–1 Benin". DZFoot. 26 March 2013. Retrieved 16 April 2013.
- Club profile
- Faouzi Ghoulam French league stats at LFP.fr (French)
- Faouzi Ghoulam at L'Équipe Football (French)