Farakka (community development block)
ফারাক্কা সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|community development block|
|• Total||144.78 km2 (55.90 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,500/km2 (3,900/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Maldaha Dakshin|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Samserganj, Farakka|
Farakka (community development block) is an administrative division in Jangipur subdivision of Murshidabad district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Farakka police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Farakka. There is one census town in this block: Farrakka Barrage Township.
Farakka is located at
As per 2001 census, Farakka block has a total population of 219,775, out of which 112,447 were males and 107,328 were females. Farakka block registered a population growth of 24.13 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the district was 23.70 per cent. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
NH 34 passes through Farakka block.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Murshidabad district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-02-20.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Murshidabad district. Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 2011-02-20.
- "BRGF Allotment Order No. 12". Government of West Bengal Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-02-17.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-01-20.
- "Groundwater Arsenic contamination in West Bengal-India (20 years study )". SOES. Retrieved 2011-02-17.