Fargo (TV series)
by Joel Coen
|Written by||Noah Hawley|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|Location(s)||Calgary, Alberta, Canada|
|Cinematography||Matthew J. Lloyd|
Fargo is an upcoming American television anthology drama series on FX based on the 1996 film of the same name. The series is scheduled to premiere on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 in the US, and will air later that month on Channel 4 in the UK.
A drifter named Lorne Malvo (Billy Bob Thornton) arrives in small-town Minnesota and influences the population with his malice and violence, including put-upon insurance salesman Lester Nygaard (Martin Freeman).
- Billy Bob Thornton as Lorne Malvo
- Martin Freeman as Lester Nygaard
- Colin Hanks as Deputy Gus Grimly
- Bob Odenkirk as Bill Olson
- Kate Walsh as Gina Hess
- Adam Goldberg as Mr. Numbers
- Oliver Platt as Stavros Milos
- Glenn Howerton as Don Chumph
- Jordan Peele as Webb Pepper 
- Keegan-Michael Key as Bill Budge 
- Joey King as Greta Grimly
- Julie Ann Emery as Ida Thurman
In 2012, it was announced that FX was developing a new TV series based on the Academy Award-winning film Fargo with the Coen brothers as executive producers. It was later announced that adaptation would be a 10-episode limited series. On August 2, 2013, it was announced that Billy Bob Thornton has signed on to star in the series. On September 27, 2013, Martin Freeman also signed on to star. On October 3, 2013, it was announced that Colin Hanks would be cast in the role of Duluth Police Deputy Gus Grimly. Production began in the fall of 2013 with filming taking place in and around Calgary, Alberta.
- Goldberg, Lesley (2014-01-14). "FX's 'Fargo' Cast, EPs on Film Comparisons, Anthology Format, Courting Billy Bob Thornton". Hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- ‘Channel 4 to air Fargo with Martin Freeman & Billy Bob Thornton
- "Fargo - Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peel to Recur".
- Andreeva, Nellie (2012-09-21). "FX Teams With Joel & Ethan Coen And Noah Hawley For Series Adaptation Of 'Fargo'". Deadline.com. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- ‘Fargo’ TV Series Gets 10 Episodes On FX
- "Billy Bob Thornton to star in "Fargo" TV series". cbsnews.com. August 2, 2013. Retrieved August 3, 2013.
- "Colin Hanks Heading for FX’s ‘Fargo’". thewrap.com. 2 October 2013. Retrieved 14 October 2013.
- Billy Bob Thornton to star in ‘Fargo’ series on FX