Farhad Manjoo (born 1978) is an American journalist and author. A staff writer for Slate magazine from 2008 to 2013, he left Slate in September 2013, to join The Wall Street Journal as a technology columnist. In January, 2014 Manjoo became the "State of the Art" columnist for The New York Times, replacing David Pogue. He has been a contributor to National Public Radio since 2009.
Life and career
Manjoo was born in South Africa, which he left when he was eight years old. He graduated from Cornell University in 2000. While there, he was a writer and editor-in-chief of the Cornell Daily Sun student newspaper.
He wrote for Wired News before taking a staff position at Salon.com. In July 2008, Manjoo accepted a job at Slate magazine writing a twice-weekly technology column. In September 2013, Manjoo joined the Wall Street Journal as a technology columnist; his final column for Slate, in which he urged men to wear makeup, was published on September 20.
He is the author of the book True Enough: Learning to Live in a Post-fact Society.
- "Manjoo Joins Wall Street Journal as Technology Columnist". The Wall Street Journal. September 4, 2013.
- Cohen, Noam (January 16, 2014). "The Times Hires a Technology Columnist". The New York Times.
- "Farhad Manjoo Talks You Into Joining Facebook", National Public Radio, February 17, 2009.
- Manjoo, Farhad (February 15, 2013). Twitter
- Farhad Manjoo (September 20, 2013). "Men Should Wear Makeup". Slate.com.
- Mitchell, Dan. "The Thin Skin of Apple Fans", New York Times, March 22, 2008.
- Farhad Manjoo. "Rumors Reasons", New York Times, March 16, 2008.
- Kristoff, Nicholas D. "The Daily Me", New York Times, March 18, 2009.
- Hesse, Monica. "Truth: Can You Handle It?", Washington Post, April 27, 2008.
- Manjoo, Farhad (2008). True Enough: Learning to Live in a Post-fact Society. Wiley. ISBN 978-0-470-05010-1
- Hluchy, Patricia. "Redefining truth in a 'post-fact society'", Toronto Star, April 20, 2008.
- Farhad Manjoo articles at Slate.com
- Farhad Manjoo articles at Salon.com
- Farhad Manjoo pieces on NPR
- Farhad Manjoo articles at Fast Company
- Helen Bailey and Farhad Manjoo at NYTimes.com