|Look up farm in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A farm is a section of land dedicated to agriculture. The verb to farm is generally used to mean the act of concentrating agricultural process by cultivating land or breeding animals to serve a population removed from the process. The term farm has other uses which apply the notion of cultivation to non-agricultural areas, as described below.
Farm may also refer to:
- Wind farm, for the production of electricity by means of turbines
- Prison farm, a facility where prisoners perform hard labor
- Ant farm, a toy to see living ants in
- Server farm, a clustered group of computer servers
- Farming, a strategy for acquiring resources in a video game; see: Gold farming
Other uses include:
- Farm Sanctuary, an organization which cares for rescued farm animals
- Farm team, a team providing experience and training for young players
- Farm (revenue leasing), "Farming out" a tax or rent or other revenue, for a governing power to lease to someone the right to collect that revenue
- Farm (album), an album by the alternative rock band Dinosaur Jr.
- Farmer (disambiguation)
- The Farm (disambiguation)
- FARMS, Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Farm.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.