|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009)|
The Farm Collie is a herding dog, of collie type.The scotch collie is being bred more than their looks, it’s clever and loyal dogs. People tend to use it as a home pet, help blind people and some special breed border collie for border protection. The term "Farm Collie" can have various definitions including:
- Any collie-like dog that lives on a farm.
- Any collie-like dog that does farm work such as herding, guarding and pest control.
- A dog of the Scotch Collie type that works livestock in a loose-eyed style.
- The remnants of the original Scotch Collie that lived and worked on farms in America from which the Australian Shepherd and English Shepherd breeds derived.
- A Rough Collie of old fashioned looks that does not meet current interpretations of breed standards.
There are different breeds of Collie, each often called simply Collie in their native countries:
The diversity of definitions means that a Farm Collie's looks can vary greatly, ranging from those of a Border Collie to those of a Rough Collie. There are no current registries that include Farm Collies for show purposes, the American Working Farmcollie Association registers Farm Collies based on working ability and merit.
In the 1860s, Queen Victoria fell in love with the breed when she visited the Scottish Highlands, and also Collies became very fashionable. In the 1960s, the Collies is much taller and bigger than it is today. Decades ago, old Collies were used as herding but it replaced by border Collies, it caused some Collies lost their herding instinct.
Most people just think it as a hunting dog but so far people kept as a home pet, they are friendly and perfectly with children.Scotch dog is also friendly with every kind of dogs and even non-canine pets. People are the only dependent of dogs so the people need to take care of them responsibly. 
Height: Males 21 - 24 inches (53 - 61 cm) Females 19 - 22 inches (48 - 56 cm) Weight: Males 45 - 70 pounds (21 - 32 kg) Females 40 - 60 pounds (18 - 27 kg)
The Collie is as much exercises as usual big dogs, they enjoy daily walking or jog, they are clever and still interested in playing Frisbee in the park or big yard. They will not hyper after walking or jogging everyday and they will watch you in front of the door after you are gone because they are loyal.  Overall, Collie dose not need too much exercise and will definitely easy to adapt the environment they living and care should be taken and control their appetite not grow too much weight.
Collie is a healthy that only suffers from very tiny infected. Whereas HD is not a big concern.
In general, large, active hunting dogs traditionally kept in large packs in rural areas do not adapt well to being city or suburban pets.
The Scotch Collie is a very clean breed. This dog does not have doggie smells. Buy some dog used body wash for their smoothie coated. In summer, Should grooming their body coat twice a week, teeth brushing and ear cleaning must be done once a week. Which important is the nail of dog, the nail supposed to be trimmed regularly, keep their nail pointless will not scrape you when he play with you.
- "What is a Farm Collie?". Gina Bisco. Retrieved 2010-10-27.
- "American Working Farmcollie Registered Dogs". American Working Farmcollie Association. Retrieved 2010-10-27.
- "Collie Club of Long Island". Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "Scotch Collie". Dog Breed Info Center. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "Rough Collie Dog Breed Profile". Petplanet. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "Collie Puppies". INFORMED FARMERS. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "Scotch Collie". Sarah's Dogs. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- What is a Farm Collie?
- Farm Collie definition
- American Working Farmcollie Association
- Farm Collie Mailing List
|This dog-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|