Farm to Market Road 1288
|Maintained by TxDOT|
|Length:||18.055 mi[nb 1] (29.057 km)|
|Existed:||1949 – present|
|South end:||SH 59 near Newport|
|US 287 in Bellevue|
|North end:||Worsham Road north of Bellevue|
FM 1288 begins north of Newport, at an intersection with SH 59. It travels to the north through the farming areas of southeastern Clay County, through the community of Vashti, to Bellevue and US 287, the main thoroughfare in the region. After a brief concurrency with US 287, the route continues north about 4.5 mi (7.2 km) before state maintenance ends. The roadway continues as Worsham Road under county jurisdiction before it eventually becomes FM 1134.
FM 1288 is a two-lane route for its entire length, except for the section that is concurrent with US 287 in Bellevue.
FM 1288 was first designated in neighboring Montague County in 1949; the route traveled westward from US 287 near Bowie to the Clay County line. The section from Bellevue to Vashti was originally designated FM 174; after the designation of FM 1288 was extended in 1953 to Vashti and then southward to SH 59, the state effectively swapped the designations of the two segments, eliminating the 90-degree bend in FM 174 and removing FM 1288 from Montague County. Two northward extensions of the state-maintained section, in 1959 and 1960, brought the route to its current length.
The entire route is in Clay County.
|0.0||0.0||SH 59 – Jacksboro, Bowie||Southern terminus|
|Vashti||7.0||11.3||FM 174 west – Windthorst||South end of FM 174 concurrency|
|7.6||12.2||FM 174 east – Bowie||North end of FM 174 concurrency|
|11.2||18.0||FM 2321 (Cray Rd.)|
|Bellevue||13.8||22.2||US 287 south – Bowie||South end of US 287 concurrency|
|14.2||22.9||US 287 north – Henrietta||North end of US 287 concurrency|
|19.0||30.6||Worsham Rd.||Northern terminus; state maintenance ends|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- The certified length given is shorter than the actual mileage, as the TxDOT description of FM 1288 considers it to be discontinuous at FM 174 and US 287.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division. "Highway Designation File: Farm to Market Road No. 1288". Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2011-01-13.
- Texas Department of Transportation (2012) (PDF). Texas County Map Book (Map). 1:120,000. Cartography by Transportation Planning and Programming Division (2012 ed.). p. 419. http://www.dot.state.tx.us/apps-cg/grid_search/_includes/countymapbook2006/Pages/419.pdf. Retrieved 2011-01-13.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division. "Highway Designation File: Farm to Market Road No. 174". Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved 2011-01-13.
- Google Inc. "Overview map of Farm to Market Road 1288 Distances Between Interchanges". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Farm+to+Market+Rd+1288&daddr=Farm+to+Market+Rd+1288+to:Farm+to+Market+Rd+1288%2FFarm+to+Market+Rd+174+to:Farm+to+Market+Rd+1288+to:Franklin+St+to:US-287+N+to:Farm+to+Market+Rd+1288&hl=en&geocode=Fay__gEdcGEo-g%3BFfoEAAIdGQIo-g%3BFTAFAAIdkigo-g%3BFazOAAIdZDMo-g%3BFdY_AQIdYmwo-g%3BFcZKAQIdHlYo-g%3BFY9ZAgIdhVQo-g&mra=mi&mrcr=5&mrsp=6&sz=17&sll=33.708472,-98.019751&sspn=0.007729,0.016512&ie=UTF8&ll=33.579159,-97.810593&spn=0.507414,1.056747&z=11. Retrieved 2011-01-13.