Farm to Market Road 1719
|Maintained by TxDOT|
|Length:||10.0 mi (16.1 km)|
|Existed:||1951 – present|
|South end:||I-40 Bus. in Amarillo|
| Loop 335
|North end:||US 87 / US 287|
FM 1719 begins at I-40 Bus. (Amarillo Boulevard) and travels northward along Western Street. Along this segment, the roadway is four-laned with a center turn lane until the intersection at NW 24th Avenue. After leaving the city limits, the route intersects Loop 335 and becomes a two-lane roadway. It continues northward before turning to the east along Givens Avenue. The route intersects FM 2176 before ending at the US 87 / US 287 freeway.
The current FM 1719 was also designated in 1951 after the cancellation of the previous route. It ran approximately 5.8 miles (9.3 km) from the then-proposed US 66 (the present-day I-40 business route) to the north before doglegging eastward to what was then US 87. When US 87 (and then US 287) were rerouted to the new Dumas Highway in 1977, the segment of FM 1719 from the new freeway to the old alignment (now designated Loop 434) was transferred to Loop 335, which had been designated around the southern and western sides of Amarillo that year. When Loop 335 became a full loop in 1985, the dogleg eastward was transferred to that route, reducing the mileage of FM 1719 to approximately 2.9 miles (4.7 km).
In 1995, TxDOT internally redesignated FM 1719 as Urban Road 1719; as with other similar system transfers, the route maintains its FM markers.
In 1999, the Texas Transportation Commission allocated $3.9 million for the addition of shoulders to Western Street north of Loop 335, with the goal of adding that segment to FM 1719. The route reached its current length in 2005, when that northward extension and an eastward segment (which usurped a segment of FM 2176) were added, once again connecting FM 1719 with the Dumas Highway. The improvements related to this extension were completed in 2008 at a cost of approximately $360,000.
The entire highway is in Potter County.
|Amarillo||0.0||0.0||I-40 Bus. (Amarillo Blvd.)||Southern terminus; continues as Western St.|
|2.8||4.5||Loop 335 (St. Francis Ave.)|
|7.1||11.4||Givens Ave.||FM 1719 turns from Western St. onto Givens Ave.|
|9.2||14.8||FM 2176 (Broadway Dr.)|
|10.0||16.1||US 87 / US 287 – Dumas, Amarillo||Northern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division. "Highway Designation File: Farm to Market Road No. 1719". Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved October 28, 2012.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division. "Highway Designation File: Urban Road No. 1719". Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved October 28, 2012.
- Texas Department of Transportation (2012) (PDF). Texas County Map Book (Map). 1:120,000. Cartography by Transportation Planning and Programming Division (2012 ed.). p. 184. http://www.dot.state.tx.us/apps-cg/grid_search/_includes/countymapbook2006/Pages/184.pdf. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- Texas Department of Transportation (2011) (PDF). Amarillo District Traffic Map (Map). Cartography by Transportation Planning and Programming Division (2011 ed.). p. 17. http://ftp.dot.state.tx.us/pub/txdot-info/tpp/traffic_counts/2011/ama_base.pdf. Retrieved November 24, 2012.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division. "Highway Designation File: Farm to Market Road No. 475". Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved October 28, 2012.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division. "Highway Designation File: State Highway Loop No. 335". Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved October 28, 2012.
- Robbins, Mary Alice (October 1, 1999). "U.S. 87 to be widened to four lanes". Amarillo Globe-News via Morris News Service. Retrieved October 28, 2012.
- Thomas, Sean (May 1, 2007). "Road bill grows by $8,000". Amarillo Globe-News. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- Google Inc. "FM 1719 Overview Map with Major Intersections". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Farm+to+Market+Rd+1719+N%2FN+Western+St&daddr=Farm+to+Market+Rd+1719%2FN+Western+St+to:N+Western+St+to:Farm+to+Market+Rd+2176%2FGivens+Ave+to:Farm+to+Market+Rd+2176+N&hl=en&ll=35.273373,-101.817169&spn=0.130615,0.264187&sll=35.322164,-101.828198&sspn=0.008159,0.016512&geocode=FVRxGQIdRl_t-Q%3BFfQNGgIdsF7t-Q%3BFXf-GgIdy13t-Q%3BFZf-GgId4PHt-Q%3BFbb_GgId3C3u-Q&mra=mi&mrsp=4&sz=17&t=m&z=13. Retrieved October 28, 2012.