Farm to Market Road 2903
|Maintained by TxDOT|
|Length:||22.133 mi (35.620 km)|
|Existed:||1964 – present|
|South end:||I‑10 / I‑10 Bus. near Balmorhea|
|North end:||I‑20 in Toyah|
Farm to Market Road 2903 (FM 2903) is a Farm to Market Road in the U.S. state of Texas maintained by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). The route, located in southwestern Reeves County, begins at the junction of Interstate 10 (I-10) and Business Interstate 10-F (Bus. I-10-F) northeast of Balmorhea and proceeds to the north ending at I-20 in Toyah. Between its end points, FM 2903 has one highway intersection with FM 3334.
FM 2903 begins as the continuation of the two-lane roadway at the western terminus of Bus. I-10-F at I-10 exit 206 1.9 miles (3.1 km) north of Balmorhea. The road proceeds to the north intersecting FM 3334 before trending to the northwest toward Toyah. FM 2903 enters Toyah as South Centre Street and ends at I-20 exit 22.
The road passes through sparsely populated agricultural land across terrain with little physical relief and encounters no steep grades or sharp turns.
FM 2903 was originally designated in 1964 from a point 10.5 miles (16.9 km) south of Toyah to U.S. Highway 80 (US 80) which preceded the construction of I-10. The following year, FM 2954 was designated as a 4.2-mile-long (6.8 km) route along the southernmost portion of the present day FM 2903 and Bus. I-10-F ending at State Highway 17 (SH 17) and the former US 290, the local predecessor of I-10. In 1968, FM 2903 was extended 10.0 miles (16.1 km) to the south meeting FM 2954 which was then designated as part of FM 2903. FM 2954 has since been assigned to a road in Robertson County. The 1.9-mile (3.1 km) segment of FM 2903 between I-10 and SH 17 was designated as part of Bus. I-10-F in 1992.
The entire route is in Reeves County.
|0.0||0.0||I‑10 / I‑10 Bus. – Balmorhea, Van Horn, San Antonio||Southern terminus; road continues south as Bus. I-10-F|
|Toyah||22.2||35.7||I‑20 – El Paso, Pecos||Northern terminus; road continues north as South Centre Street|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division. "Farm to Market Road No. 2903". Highway Designation Files. Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- Texas Department of Transportation (2012) (PDF). Texas County Map Book (Map). 1:120,000. Cartography by Transportation Planning and Programming Division (2012 ed.). p. 105. http://www.dot.state.tx.us/apps-cg/grid_search/_includes/countymapbook2006/Pages/105.pdf. Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- Texas Department of Transportation (2012) (PDF). Texas County Map Book (Map). 1:120,000. Cartography by Transportation Planning and Programming Division (2012 ed.). p. 104. http://www.dot.state.tx.us/apps-cg/grid_search/_includes/countymapbook2006/Pages/104.pdf. Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- Google Inc. "Overvew Map of Farm to Market Road 2903". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Ranch+Rd+2903&daddr=Ranch+Rd+2903+to:S+Centre+St%2FRanch+Rd+2903&hl=en&ll=31.161109,-103.74939&spn=0.513535,0.883026&sll=31.009192,-103.753166&sspn=0.008037,0.013797&geocode=FXsx2QEdJ9zQ-Q%3BFTbe2gEdOEPR-Q%3BFQjI3QEdeErQ-Q&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=16&t=m&z=10. Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- United States Geological Survey (1986) (PDF). Pecos, Texas (Map). 1:100,000. 30x60 Minute Series (Topographic). http://ims.er.usgs.gov/gda_services/download?item_id=5480035&quad=Pecos&state=TX&grid=30X60&series=Map%20GeoPDF. Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division. "Farm to Market Road No. 2954". Highway Designation Files. Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division. "Business Interstate Highway No. 10-F". Highway Designation Files. Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved April 17, 2012.