Farm to Market Road 664
|Length:||22.076 mi (35.528 km)|
|Existed:||1945 – present|
I-35E / Bus. US 287 in Waxahachie
| I-35E / US 77 in Red Oak
SH 342 in Red Oak
|North end:||FM 983 in Ferris[nb 1]|
FM 664, known locally as Ovilla Road, is a major access road for the northern sections of Ellis County. It begins at Bus. US 287, the former route of US 287 in Waxahachie. It briefly travels north along the de facto frontage road for southbound I-35E at Exit #401B. After passing the interstate, the route continues north approximately nine miles into Ovilla, where it makes an abrupt right-hand turn and continues to the east for the remainder of its length.[nb 1] It crosses I-35E again (passing over the Boxcar Willie Memorial Overpass) and also SH 342 in Red Oak before terminating at FM 983 near Ferris.
FM 664 was designated in 1945, and ran from near Waxahachie to Ovilla, with a southern terminus at US 287 (later Loop 528, now signed as US 287 Business). It was lengthened to US 77 (now the I-35E freeway) in 1961. An extension east 4 miles in 1965 and another to Ferris in 1970 brought the route to its current length.
The entire route is in Ellis County.
Bus. US 287
|0.2||0.3||I-35E – Hillsboro|
|1.5||2.4||US 287 – Midlothian, Ennis|
|Red Oak||13.1||21.1||I-35E / US 77 – Dallas|
|14.9||24.0||SH 342 – Lancaster|
|Ferris||22.1||35.6||FM 983||Northern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Although traveling west–east from Ovilla to Ferris, the route is signed south–north.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division. "Farm to Market Road No. 664". Highway Designation Files. Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved January 6, 2011.
- Texas Department of Transportation (2014) (PDF). Texas County Map Book (Map). 1:120,000. Cartography by Transportation Planning and Programming Division (2014 ed.). p. 418. http://www.dot.state.tx.us/apps-cg/grid_search/_includes/countymapbook/Pages/418.pdf. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division. "State Highway Loop No. 528". Highway Designation Files. Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved January 7, 2011.
- Google, Inc. "Overview map of Farm to Market Road 664 Distances Between Interchanges". Google Maps (Map). Cartography by Google, Inc. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=US-287+BUS+S&daddr=Farm+to+Market+664+N%2FOvilla+Rd+to:Farm+to+Market+664+N%2FOvilla+Rd+to:Farm+to+Market+664+N+to:Farm+to+Market+664+N%2FE+Ovilla+Rd+to:Farm+to+Market+664+N%2FE+Ovilla+Rd+to:Farm+to+Market+664+N%2FFerris+Rd&hl=en&geocode=FYaE7gEdgNM5-g%3BFTiQ7gEdlNM5-g%3BFbHX7gEddtM5-g%3BFfzB7wEd4o85-g%3BFWxl8AEdY5w6-g%3BFQpj8AEd7hM7-g%3BFSVt8AEd7-08-g&mra=dme&mrcr=5&mrsp=6&sz=17&sll=32.534078,-96.669602&sspn=0.007797,0.016512&ie=UTF8&ll=32.471536,-96.738052&spn=0.249676,0.528374&z=12. Retrieved January 7, 2011.