From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up farmer in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Farmer can mean:
- Farmer, person who grows then harvests food
- Farmer (surname), a common surname in English-speaking countries
- Farmer (customs) a practice whereby the burden of customs and excise collection is reassigned by the a state to private individuals or groups. Customs farming is speculative as the private individual or group must invest their own money initially to pay off the debt, against the hope of collecting a larger sum subsequently (hence "farming").
- Farmer (gold), person who "farms" in-game currency and items in a massively multiplayer online game to sell for (real world) money
- Farmer (tax), a practice whereby the burden of tax collection is reassigned by the a state to private individuals or groups. Tax farming is speculative as the private individual or group must invest their own money initially to pay off the debt, against the hope of collecting a larger sum subsequently (hence "farming").
- Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-19 (NATO reporting name: Farmer), a Soviet fighter aircraft
- Shenyang J-6 (NATO reporting name: Farmer), the Chinese variant of the MiG-19
Farmer or farmers may also refer to:
- Federal Agricultural Mortgage Corporation, "Farmer Mac", a source for agricultural loans and mortgages. Farmer Mac was chartered by the United States government and remains affiliated, though it is private stockholder-owned
- Farmers Insurance, insurance carrier in the United States
- Farmers Weekly, magazine covering British agriculture
- Richard T. Farmer School of Business, a business school at Miami University (Ohio)
- Farmers Trading Company, a major retailer in New Zealand
- Worshipful Company of Farmers, livery company of London, England
- United Farmers (disambiguation), several political parties in Canada
- Farmer (party), non-existent party occasionally used as a ticket by disgruntled members of the United Farmers
- Minnesota Farmer-Labor Party, reasonably successful populist party in Minnesota that merged with the Democratic Party in 1944
- Farmers' Party (Ireland), also known as the Farmers' Union, defunct Irish political party
- Luzon Farmers Party (Butil), small party in the Philippines
- Ferme générale (English: farmer-general), official in charge of "farming" taxes and excise duties in the ancien régime of France
- Subcontractor (archaic), any individual or corporation to whom certain business is "farmed out"
Among specific people:
- Martin 'Farmer' Burns, a professional wrestler
- Farmer (name), a list of people bearing the surname Farmer
- Beat Farmers, a country music band
- Llama Farmers, a grunge pop band
- "Farmers", a song by LL Cool J from his 2000 album G.O.A.T.
- "The Farmer", the debut single of Thin Lizzy
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.