Farnborough North railway station
|Managed by||First Great Western|
|Number of platforms||2|
|Live arrivals/departures, station information and onward connections
from National Rail Enquiries
|Annual rail passenger usage*|
|Original company||South Eastern Railway|
|Pre-grouping||South Eastern and Chatham Railway|
|4 July 1849||Opened as Farnborough|
|9 July 1923||Renamed Farnborough North|
|National Rail – UK railway stations|
|* Annual estimated passenger usage based on sales of tickets in stated financial year(s) which end or originate at Farnborough North from Office of Rail Regulation statistics. Methodology may vary year on year.|
|UK Railways portal|
Farnborough North railway station is a railway station in the town of Farnborough in Hampshire, England. The station is managed by First Great Western, who operate services on the North Downs Line from Reading to Guildford, Redhill and Gatwick Airport.
The Reading, Guildford and Reigate Railway (RG&RR) was authorised in 1846 and opened in stages. One of the first two sections to open was between Reading and Farnborough, on 4 July 1849. Originally named Farnborough, the station was renamed Farnborough North on 9 July 1923.
Farnborough North is served by trains approximately every 60 minutes in each direction Monday to Saturday, and every two hours on Sundays. There are additional trains during peak periods on weekdays. The majority of trains operate between Reading and Redhill, with a few trains each day continuing to Gatwick Airport.
There is no taxi rank at the station.
|Preceding station||National Rail||Following station|
|Blackwater||First Great Western
North Downs Line
- "First Great Western- Farnborough North". Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- James, Leslie (November 1983). A Chronology of the Construction of Britain's Railways 1778-1855. Shepperton: Ian Allan. p. 58. ISBN 0-7110-1277-6. BE/1183.
- Butt, R.V.J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations. Yeovil: Patrick Stephens Ltd. p. 94. ISBN 1-85260-508-1. R508.
- "First Great Western- North Downs Line timetable". Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- "National Rail Enquiries- Farnborough North Station". Retrieved 29 May 2012.
Media related to Farnborough North railway station at Wikimedia Commons