|Key people||Neil Harrison, President of Farnell element14|
Farnell element14 is a distributor of technology products and solutions for electronic system design, maintenance and repair. Operating in 28 countries across Europe, with two regional distribution hubs in Belgium and the UK, it employs over 1200 people.
The company was founded by Alan Farnell and Arthur Woffenden in 1939 in Leeds under the name of A.C. Farnell Limited. Originally selling radio parts it later broadened its product range to focus on the wholesale market.
Farnell element14 was named High Service Distributor of the Year for 2011-12 by Harting Ltd.
Farnell element14 was a winner of the "Company of the Year" category in the 2013 UK National Diversity Awards.
Farnell element14 stocks over 600,000 products from over 3,500 suppliers including Vishay, TE Connectivity, Molex, Microchip, National Semiconductor, STMicroelectronics, EPCOS, KEMET, Altera, Omron, Bridgelux, Texas Instruments, and Panasonic.
- Premier Farnell - Parent Company of Farnell element14
- Newark element14 - The trading brand for the US, Canadian and Mexican markets
- "Our Company -what we do". Premier Farnell. 2013. Retrieved 27 October 2013.
- "Our Company - our brands". Premier Farnell. 2013. Retrieved 27 October 2013.
- "About us". Farnell UK. 2013. Retrieved 27 October 2013.
- "Our history". Farnell UK. 2013. Retrieved 27 October 2013.
- Harting Names Farnell Element 14 as High Service Distributor of the Year Process Industry Informer, 13 March 2013
- Farnell Element 14 diversity award win Electronics Yorkshire News, 26 September 2013
- "Farnell element14 product range". Farnell UK. 2013. Retrieved 27 October 2013.
- Farnell element14 Agrees to New Global Distribution Deal for Raspberry Pi Manufacturing.net, 1 August 2013
- "Raspberry Pi FAQs". Raspberry Pi Foundation. 2013. Retrieved 27 October 2013.