|Motto||Ora et Labora (Pray and Work)|
|Academic affiliation||Calicut University, A Grade (Accredited By NAAC)|
|Location||Feroke, Calicut, Kerala, India|
Farook College is one of the largest residential Post Graduate Institution that is affiliated to the University of Calicut..Farook College, Kozhikode was established as a first grade college in 1948 stands unique among the educational institutions of Kerala. The college are re-accredited at ‘A’ Grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). The institution offering various Courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The college has been identified by the UGC as a College with Potential for Excellence, the only college under Calicut University to receive the status. The College is offering various courses at Graduation Level as well as Post Graduation Level. The College Provide many a unique Facilities to the student and teachers.
The college is located on a lovely hillock originally called 'Irumooli Paramba' 5 km from Feroke Railway Station and 16 km from the city of Calicut and at a distance of 16 km from the Calicut Airport. The entire campus that comprises the college, its hostels, the staff quarters and the sister concerns cover an area of 70 acres. The entire village is popularly called 'Farook College' and there is even a post office called Farook College Post.
The back side of the campus is very scenic because of the river Chaliyar. There is a ferry service across river to Elamaram village which can be accessed from the nearby town of Edavannappara. The ticket is Rs.5.00 and the motor boat service is available every half an hour between 6.40 a.m. and 8.40 p.m. including Sundays.
The saga of Farook College begins in the early 1940s, in the obscure Anakkayam village in Malappuram District, where a visionary ruminated on ways and means of spreading the light of knowledge among the members of his community who were floundering in the darkness of ignorance. He was Moulavi Abussabah Ahmed Ali, the founder President of the Rouzathul Uloom Association, which established Farook College. The first institution the 'Rouzathul Uloom Arabic College' was started in 1942 in Anakkayam. In 1946 a committee was formed with the intention of starting a first grade college.
Under Graduate Courses Offered
- Bachelor of Arts in English
- Bachelor of Arts in Malayalam
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics
- Bachelor of Arts in Sociology.
- Bachelor of Arts in Arabic & Islamic History
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science in Physics
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Statistics
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Botany
- Bachelor of Science in Zoology
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Bachelor of Commerce (Computer Application)
- Bachelor of Arts in Functional English
- Bachelor of Multimedia Communication (BMMC)
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLiSc- Eligibility: Pass in any UG)
Post Graduate Courses Offered
- Master of Arts in English
- Master of Arts in Arabic
- Master of Arts in Economics
- Master of Arts in History
- Master of Science in Mathematics
- Master of Science in Statistics
- Master of Science in Computer Science
- Master of Science in Physics
- Master of Science in Chemistry
- Master of Science in Zoology
- Master of Commerce
- Master of library and Information Science
- Master of Communication and Journalism ( MLiSc)
- "Official website of Calicut University - Kozhikode". Universityofcalicut.info. 2013-08-05. Retrieved 2013-08-18.
- "Official website of Calicut University - Farook-KOZH". Universityofcalicut.info. 2012-07-31. Retrieved 2013-08-18.