Farshad Fotouhi in 2011
|Fields||Computer Science, Databases, Data Mining, Semantic Web, Multimedia Systems, and Biomedical Informatics|
|Institutions||Wayne State University|
|Alma mater||Michigan State University|
|Doctoral advisor||Sakti Pramanik|
Farshad Fotouhi is the dean of Wayne State University's college of engineering.  Prior to that he was chair of the Department of Computer Science since 2004. Farshad Fotouhi joined Wayne State University in 1988. Before being appointed chair of the Department of Computer Science, he was associate chair from 2000-2004 and a member of the faculty.
Life and career
Schooling and research
Fotouhi's research includes biomedical informatics, multimedia systems and the Semantic Web. He has published more than 190 papers in academic journals and conference proceedings.  His research has been supported by the National Science Foundation, the National Institutes of Health, the National Institute of Drug Abuse, Michigan Life Sciences Corridor, as well as Ford Motor Company and other companies.
He has been a program committee member for various conferences related to his research interests and is a member of the editorial board of IEEE Multimedia Magazine, chair of the Steering Committee of IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, and a member of the editorial board of the International Journal of Semantic Web and Information Systems. In recent years, Dr. Fotouhi has organized several workshops including the Workshop on Privacy in Information Society, the IEEE Workshop on Scientific Workflow, and the ACM workshop on the Many Faces of Multimedia Semantics.
- Wunder, Francine (December 2010). "Farshad Fotouhi appointed dean of Wayne State University’s College of Engineering". Wayne State University Public Relations. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- College of Engineering Dean Select Farshad Fotouhi
- "Farshad Fotouhi". AI Genealogy Project Farshad Fotouhi. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- "Farshad Fotouhi". Mathematics Genealogy Project. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- "Microsoft Academic Research". Microsoft Academic Search. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- "Google Scholar". Google Scholar. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- "Computer Science Bibliography". DPLB. Retrieved 16 December 2013.
- "Wayne State Engineering College Gets New Dean, CBS Detroit".