Fascination (Alphabeat song)
|Single by Alphabeat|
|from the album This Is Alphabeat|
|Released||June 6, 2006 (Denmark)
May 16, 2008 (Europe)
|Format||Digital download, CD single, 7"|
|Genre||Power pop, sunshine pop|
|Alphabeat singles chronology|
"Fascination" was the first single released by Danish pop group Alphabeat.
It was used as the music for a Coca-Cola advert. In Turkey the song was used in an advertising campaign for Coca Cola Zero, in Germany and Belgium for Coca Cola Light. The Bimbo Jones Mix of the song was played in American Eagle Stores in the United States. It is also a playable song in the video game Band Hero, and is available to play in the video game Rock Band 2 via downloadable content.
The song was also sung by all remaining contestants from series 6 of the UK's singing contest, The X Factor, in week 3 of the live results shows. In 2010, Alphabeat performed the song on the Danish version of the show.
Alphabeat released the song in the UK in anticipation of the international edition of their debut album. They performed the song on GMTV around the time of release and were interviewed by Fiona Phillips and Ben Shephard. On the day of release, Alphabeat performed the song on Channel 4 teatime show Richard & Judy.
All officially released remixes/edits (released on various promo singles) are listed below:
- Fascination (Alphabeat vs. Frankmusik Main)
- Fascination (Alphabeat vs. Frankmusik Edit)
- Fascination (Alphabeat vs. Frankmusik Alternative Edit)
- Fascination (Alternative Edit) (Him Up Her Down)
- Fascination (Bimbo Jones Main)
- Fascination (Bimbo Jones Edit)
- Fascination (The Count & Sinden Remix)
- Fascination (Instrumental)
- Fascination (Linus Loves Dub)
- Fascination (Linus Loves Main)
- Fascination (Linus Loves Edit)
- Fascination (Muzzle Flash Remix)
The song debuted at number 23 on The UK Singles Chart. It then rose to number seven after its physical release. A week later it peaked at number six, fell to number 13 the following week, then rose to number 10, and for several weeks after hovered outside the top 10 at number 12 and 13. On August 24, 2008, the song rose 14 places from 73 to 59, nearly 6 months after it was released. BPI awarded the song a silver certification in October 2008.
|Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)||68|
|Belgium (Ultratip Wallonia)||15|
|Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders)||2|
|Germany (Media Control Charts)||45|
|Hungary (Rádiós Top 40)||12|
|Netherlands (Dutch Top 40)||4|
|Slovakia (Rádio Top 100)||37|
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||41|
|UK Singles (Official Charts Company)||6|
End of year charts
|UK Singles Chart||42|
- "Fascination by Alphabeat (Single, Power Pop)". Rate Your Music. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- DK X Factor on YouTube
- "Alphabeat" UK Singles Chart. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "Certified Awards Search". British Phonographic Industry. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "Alphabeat – Fascination Hitlisten.nu" (in Danish). Tracklisten.
- "Alphabeat – Fascination – Austriancharts.at" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "Ultratop.be – Alphabeat – Fascination" (in French). Ultratip. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "Ultratop.be – Alphabeat – Fascination" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "Die ganze Musik im Internet: Charts, News, Neuerscheinungen, Tickets, Genres, Genresuche, Genrelexikon, Künstler-Suche, Musik-Suche, Track-Suche, Ticket-Suche – musicline.de" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "Archívum – Slágerlisták – MAHASZ – Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége" (in Hungarian). Rádiós Top 40 játszási lista. Magyar Hanglemezkiadók Szövetsége.
- "Chart Track". Irish Singles Chart.
- "Nederlandse Top 40 – week 24, 2008" (in Dutch). Dutch Top 40
- "SNS IFPI" (in Slovak). Hitparáda – Radio Top 100 Oficiálna. IFPI Czech Republic. Note: insert 200816 into search.
- "Swedishcharts.com – Alphabeat – Fascination". Singles Top 60. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "Alphabeat – Fascination – swisscharts.com". Swiss Singles Chart. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "Year End Chart 2008". ChartsPlus. 2008.