Fashions on Parade
|Fashions on Parade|
|Also known as||Television Fashions
|Presented by||Adelaide Hawley Cumming|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|Running time||25 minutes|
|Original channel||DuMont (1948-1949)
|Original run||November 1, 1948– June 29, 1949|
Fashions on Parade is an American fashion-themed television series that aired on the now-defunct DuMont Television Network Fridays at 8pm EST from November 4, 1948 to April 24, 1949, then broadcast on ABC from April 27 to June 29, 1949. The show was hosted by Adelaide Hawley Cumming beginning on local DuMont stations on February 5, 1948.
The show featured models showcasing the then-latest fashions, and was the first national television program sponsored by Procter & Gamble. Each episode was 30 minutes long, and was also broadcast under the titles Television Fashions and Fashion Parade.
Two episodes of the program (June 8, 1949 and a second 1949 episode) are held in the J. Fred MacDonald collection at the Library of Congress.
- List of programs broadcast by the DuMont Television Network
- List of surviving DuMont Television Network broadcasts
- 1948-49 United States network television schedule
- And Everything Nice
- David Weinstein, The Forgotten Network: DuMont and the Birth of American Television (Philadelphia: Temple University Press, 2004) ISBN 1-59213-245-6
- Alex McNeil, Total Television, Fourth edition (New York: Penguin Books, 1980) ISBN 0-14-024916-8
- Tim Brooks and Earle Marsh, The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network TV Shows, Third edition (New York: Ballantine Books, 1964) ISBN 0-345-31864-1
|This article about a non-fiction television series is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|