Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2013)|
|Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!|
|Directed by||Russ Meyer|
|Produced by||Russ Meyer|
|Written by||Jack Moran
|Music by||Paul Sawtell|
|Editing by||Russ Meyer|
|Running time||83 minutes|
The film features gratuitous violence, sexuality, provocative gender roles, and camp dialogue. It is one of Meyer's more boldly titled and unflinchingly exploitative films; however, there is no nudity.
The film was shot in the extreme western parts of the Mojave Desert. However, some of the scenes appear to have been filmed farther east, near Baker, California. The last scenes in the film were made west of California City. The rail line running between Mojave and Trona, California is clearly evident.
Three thrill-seeking go-go dancers—Billie (Lori Williams), Rosie (Haji), and their leader, Varla (Tura Satana)—encounter a young couple in the desert while racing their sports cars. After killing the boyfriend (Ray Barlow) with her bare hands, Varla drugs, binds, gags and kidnaps his girlfriend, Linda (Susan Bernard). On a desolate highway, the four stop at a gas station, where they see a wheelchair-bound old man (Stuart Lancaster) and his muscular, dimwitted son, Vegetable (Dennis Busch). The gas station attendant (Mickey Foxx) tells the women that the old man and his two sons live on a decrepit ranch with a hidden cache of money. Intrigued, Varla hatches a scheme to rob the lecherous old man.
- Tura Satana as Varla
- Haji as Rosie
- Lori Williams as Billie
- Susan Bernard as Linda
- Stuart Lancaster as The Old Man
- Paul Trinka as Kirk
- Dennis Busch as The Vegetable
- Ray Barlow as Tommy
- Mickey Foxx as Gas Station Attendant
- John Furlong as Narrator
Use in popular culture
- Audio samples of the quotes "You're all shook up, aren't you, baby?" and "I never try anything, I just do it. Wanna try me?" are used in the White Zombie song "Thunder Kiss '65". Also, the quote "You're all shook up, aren't you, baby?" is used in their song "Cosmic Monsters, Inc." and the quote "Now let's move, but let's take the back door" is used in their song "Welcome to Planet Motherfucker". Another quote, "I work on this baby the same way, trying to get maximum performance", is used in "Black Sunshine". All four songs are featured in their third album, La Sexorcisto: Devil Music, Vol. 1.
- Audio samples of the quotes "I never try anything, I just do it" and "You've got a weird sense of humor; try again, I get funnier" are both used in Kid Koala's "Scratchcratchratchatch" mix tape recording.
- In the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode "Passion", Xander Harris encourages Buffy and the others to go after the vampire Angelus, saying "If Giles wants to go after the, uh, fiend that murdered his girlfriend I say, 'Faster, pussycat, kill, kill'."
- The glam metal band Faster Pussycat took their name from the film.
- An Itchy and Scratchy short entitled "Foster Pussycat! Kill! Kill!" is shown in the Simpsons episode "Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily".
- The title of Daniel Clowes' graphic novel Like a Velvet Glove Cast in Iron is taken from a line in this movie, addressing Varla.
- The title of the 2006 single, Faster Kill Pussycat by Paul Oakenfold featuring Brittany Murphy, is a play on the title of the film.
- Top Ten Low Budget Films Under $500,000. Daily Film Dose. Retrieved April 1, 2013
- Box Office Information for Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! The Numbers. Retrieved April 1, 2013
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!|
- Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! at the Internet Movie Database
- Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! at allmovie
- Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! Fansite
- 2012 Movies' Cult Viewing on Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!
- Remake Rumor