Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead
|Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead|
|Directed by||Joe Cross
|Produced by||Stacey Offman|
|Written by||Joe Cross
|Music by||M. E. Manning|
|Editing by||Alison Amron
|Distributed by||Reboot Media
|Running time||97 minutes|
Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead is a 2010 American documentary film which follows the 60-day journey of Australian Joe Cross across the United States as he follows a juice fast to regain his health under the care of Dr. Joel Fuhrman, Nutrition Research Foundation's Director of Research. Cross and Robert Mac, co-creators of the film, both serve on the Nutrition Research Foundation's Advisory Board. Following his fast and the adoption of a plant-based diet, Cross lost 100 pounds and discontinued all medications.
During his road-trip Cross meets Phil Staples, a morbidly obese truck driver from Sheldon, Iowa, in a truck stop in Arizona and inspires him to try juice fasting. The film has been credited with doubling the sales of Breville juicers since the documentary launched on Netflix in the US in July 2011.
- "Nutrition Research Foundation: Scientific and Research Boards - Joel Fuhrman, M.D., Director of Research". Nutritional Research Foundation.
- "Nutrition Research Foundation: Advisory Board - RJoe Cross". Nutritional Research Foundation.
- "Nutrition Research Foundation: Advisory Board - Robert Mac". Nutritional Research Foundation.
- Rachel Sturtz (November 23, 2012). "Wellness: Juice is the Word". 5280.
- "Official press release". Reboot Media.
- Derrick Vander Waal (September 3, 2008). "Nothing But Juice: Sheldon man drops 95 pounds during documented 61-day fast". The Sheldon Mail-Sun 137 (16).
- "Joe Cross interviewed on CBS "Virginia This Morning"". Los Angeles Times.
- Claire Reilly (November 29, 2011). "Give it some juice: Breville doubles juicer sales following health doco". Current.com.au.
- "2010 Award Winners". Sonoma International Film Festival.
- "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead (2011)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2012-10-10.
- "Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 2012-10-10.
- Official website
- Reboot With Joe - official recipes and diet plans for Fat Sick & Nearly Dead
- Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead at the Internet Movie Database
- Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead at Rotten Tomatoes
|This article about a documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|