Fate for Breakfast
|Fate For Breakfast|
|Studio album by Art Garfunkel|
|Released||March 15, 1979|
|Producer||Louie Shelton, Mike Batt|
|Art Garfunkel chronology|
|Rolling Stone||(Not Favorable)|
Fate for Breakfast is the fourth solo album by Art Garfunkel released in March 1979 on Columbia Records. It was his first album to miss the US Billboard Top 40 and his first album containing no US Top 40 singles. However, the European release of the album does include a different version of the song "Bright Eyes", which was featured in the film version of the novel Watership Down, and reached the number-one spot in the UK, and became the biggest selling single of 1979 there. Likewise, the album itself garnered international success, reaching the top-ten in some European countries. The album was issued in five different sleeves, each with a different shot of Art Garfunkel at the breakfast table.
- "In a Little While (I'll Be on My Way)" (Dennis Belfield) – 3:27
- "Since I Don't Have You" (Joseph Rock, Jimmy Beaumont, Lenny Martin) – 3:39
- "And I Know" (David Batteau, Michael Sembello) – 3:40
- "Sail on a Rainbow" (Stephen Bishop) – 3:45
- "Miss You Nights" (Dave Townsend) – 3:47
- "Bright Eyes" (Mike Batt) – 4:00 — (Not included on US album release)
- "Finally Found a Reason" (Craig Bickhardt, David Batteau, Micheal Sembello, Rick Bell) – 2:41
- "Beyond the Tears" (Jeffrey Comanor, Robert Gundry) – 3:53
- "Oh How Happy" (Charles Hatcher) – 2:41
- "When Someone Doesn't Want You" (Jeffrey Staton) – 3:34
- "Take Me Away" (Grant Gullickson, Lance Gullickson) – 4:04
- Art Garfunkel – vocals, harmony vocals
- Penny Nichols – background vocals
- Stephen Bishop – guitar, background vocals
- Michael Brecker – tenor saxophone
- Rob Mounsey – synthesizer, clavinet, Fender Rhodes, Oberheim
- Tom Scott – tenor saxophone
- Chris Spedding – guitar
- Leah Kunkel – background vocals
- Gene Page – arranger
- Simon Phillips – drums
- Louie Shelton – electric guitar
- Billy Alessi – background vocals
- Bobby Alessi – background vocals
- Maxine Anderson – background vocals
- Michael Baird – drums
- Dennis Belfield – bass
- Errol "Crusher" Bennett – percussion
- Ray Cooper – percussion
- Carolyn Dennis – background vocals
- Alan Estes – percussion
- Lyle Forman – percussion
- Steve Gadd – drums
- Jim Gilstrap – background vocals
- Roland Harker – guitar
- DeLisle Harper – bass
- Lyle Harper – bass
- Les Hurdle – bass
- Neil Jason – bass
- Neil Johnson – bass
- Larry Knechtel – piano
- Hugh McCracken – electric guitar
- Roy J. Morgan – drums
- Del Newman – string arrangement
- Lee Ritenour – electric guitar
- Larry Rolando – acoustic and electric guitar
- Edwin Roxburgh – bass
- Jeffrey Staton – acoustic guitar, background vocals
- Richard Tee – electric piano
- Richie Zito – electric guitar
- Ruhlmann, William. Fate for Breakfast at AllMusic. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- Tucker, Ken (1979-06-28), "Music Reviews : Fate for Breakfast by Art Garfunkel", Rolling Stone, archived from the original on 2011-10-10, retrieved 2008-05-09
- Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992. St Ives, NSW: Australian Chart Book. ISBN 0-646-11917-6.
- "austriancharts.at Art Garfunkel - Fate for Breakfast". Hung Medien (in German). Retrieved 12 July 2010.
- "Top Albums/CDs - Volume 31, No. 8, May 19, 1979". RPM. Retrieved 2011-10-03.
- "dutchcharts.nl Art Garfunkel - Fate for Breakfast". Hung Medien, dutchcharts.nl (in Dutch). MegaCharts. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "charts.org.nz - Art Garfunkel - Fate for Breakfast". Hung Medien, charts.org.nz. Recording Industry Association of New Zealand. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "norwegiancharts.com Art Garfunkel - Fate for Breakfast". Hung Medien, norwegiancharts.com. VG-lista. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "swedishcharts.com Art Garfunkel - Fate for Breakfast". Hung Medien, swedishcharts.com (in Swedish). MegaCharts. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Chart Stats - Art Garfunkel - Fate for Breakfast". UK Albums Chart. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "allmusic ((( Fate for Breakfast > Charts & Awards > Billboard Albums )))". allmusic.com. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Album Search: Art Garfunkel" (in German). Media Control. Retrieved 2011-10-03.
- "Complete UK Year-End Album Charts". Retrieved 2011-10-03.
- "British album certifications – Art Garfunkel – Fate for Breakfast". British Phonographic Industry. Enter Fate for Breakfast in the field Search. Select Title in the field Search by. Select album in the field By Format. Click Go
Voulez-Vous by ABBA
|Dutch Mega Chart number-one album
June 16 – July 21, 1979
Souvenir van Griekenland
by Francis Goya & The Helleniques
Breakfast in America by Supertramp
|New Zealand Chart number-one album
August 26, 1979
In Through the Out Door by Led Zeppelin