Fatehabad, Uttar Pradesh
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009)|
|Elevation||162 m (531 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||91 5612|
Fatehabad was founded by the Mughal ruler Aurangzeb after his victory over his brother Dara Shikoh on 29 May 1658. Aurangzeb's Badshahi Bagh is located around 3 km away from Fatehabad. Later, Fatehabad was the stable of Maratha king Daulatrao Scindia (1794–1827) who ruled over Gwalior. The historical name of the city is Samugarh.
Fatehabad is located at  It has an average elevation of 162 metres (534 feet). Village: Mohanpur is adjacent to Fatehabad about 500 meters towards north on Yamuna road. It is located on SH-2 as well as SH-62. The key features of the city are it have a bypass road and a well maintained road system..
As of 2000[update] India census, Fatehabad had a population of 19,318. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Fatehabad has an average literacy rate (adult) of 61.72%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 70.87% of the males and 50.93% of females literate. A good 16.8% of the population is under 6 years of age.
The major crops grown in the area are : Wheat, Maize, Potato, Tomato, Onion, Carrot, Louki, Karela, Tinda, Parwal, Mung, Urad, Chana, Rajma and Mustard.The is resided with big industrialist, builders and eminent political persons of uttar pradesh government. Currently it is a very fast developing city.
The major industries which are situated in Fatehabad are:
- HariVilas OmPrakash Chemical Fertilizers.
- Pengoria Oil Mill.
- H.R. Traders
- Urmila Oil Industries.
- Vodafone cp shri nirmal comm.
- om brick field.
- DaujiHP Filling Centre.
- Sisodia Cold Storage.
- Mr.keshav singh Rana advocates Fatehabad
10.Shri maha Laxmi Food Products Fateha bad Agra
Schools and colleges
- S.S.L (Shri Shankar Lal) Convent School, the best school in fatehabad located at sarangpur road.
- Ratan Devi Convent School
- Saraswati Gyan Mandir (Co-Education)
- Janta Inter College - Boys College
- Bhagwan Devi Kanya Inter College - For Girls
- Rajkeey Maha Vidhyalay (D.B.R.A.U. AGRA)
- Shanti Niketan Vidhya Mandir, Hanuman Nagar
- Saraswati Vidya Mandir, PITAVALI POKHAR
- Mtek computer institute, Purani Galla MAndi
- Usha Devi convent school, purani state bank, purani galla mandi
- Taxila vidyapeeth school fatehabad agra
- Tech world computer institute, near ghandhi chock choraha
- Kanya Inter College, near Bag Colony, Fatehabad Agra
- Gopinath School, Jamuna Gali, Fatehabad Agra
- Usha Devi convent school, purani state bank, purani galla mandi, fatehabad
- B.D.M girls degree college, fatehabad Agra (affiliated to D.B.R.A.U. Agra)
18. H.D Public school gadi savaray fateha bad agra 19. NICT Computer Centre Fatehabad Agra
- Battle of Samugarh
- Military History of India : The Battle of Samugarh
- Mughal History - Battle of Samugarh
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Fatehabad
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
NICT Computer Center bag Colony Fatehabad agra