|Foundation date||June 6, 2006|
|Headquarters||Detroit, Michigan, U.S.|
|Products||Lifesized Wall Graphics|
|Alexa rank||58,107 (August 2011[update])|
|Type of site||E-commerce|
Fathead is a brand name of life-sized, precision-cut vinyl wall graphics manufactured by Fathead LLC. Fathead LLC is a privately held company based in Detroit, Michigan. The ownership group is led by Dan Gilbert, who is chairman and founder of Quicken Loans, and also Majority Owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers. Fathead categories include Real.Big, Fathead Jr., Fathead Customs, Fathead Tradeables, Fathead Teammate, Fathead Skins, and SM/ART across 500 officially licensed brands. The products are high-definition wall graphics of professional athletes, animated heroes, entertainment characters, team helmets and logos. The graphics are constructed of vinyl and a low-tack adhesive.
In 2006, a group of investors, led by Dan Gilbert (businessman), founder of Quicken Loans, purchased Fathead, Inc. Fathead was brought to Gilbert’s attention by the company’s president Todd Lunsford, then Quicken Loans’ Chief Marketing Officer, after Todd’s son saw a commercial and wanted to order a Tom Brady Fathead. Today, Fathead, LLC is one of the threads in a large family of properties in the sports and entertainment market, including the National Basketball Association's Cleveland Cavaliers, the American Hockey League's Lake Erie Monsters, Quicken Loans Arena, Xenith, Xeko and Veritix.
Awards and recognitions
- Named in Internet Retailer Hot 100 Retail Web Sites of 2008
- Named in Internet Retailer Hot 100 Retail Web Sites of 2009
- Named in Internet Retailer Top 500 of 2010
- "Fathead.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2011-08-11.
- "The Internet Retailer Hot 100 Retail Web Sites". Internet Retailer. Retrieved 2010-08-02.
- "Internet Retailer's Top 100 Retail Websites of 2009". Internet Retailer. Retrieved 2010-08-02.
- "Internet Retailer Top 500 of 2010". Internet Retailer. Retrieved 2010-08-02.