Father David Bauer Olympic Arena
The Father David Bauer Olympic Arena is an ice hockey arena in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. It seats about 1,750 for hockey with a standing room capacity of over 2,000. It is named after Father David Bauer, a Hockey Hall of Famer and hockey pioneer.
Canada's defunct national touring team, the brainchild of Bauer, also staged tryouts there.
The arena uses the 200 ft by 100 ft (or Olympic) sized ice surface. A second arena, the Norma Bush Arena is attached to the facility, and has a 185 ft by 85 ft artificial ice surface.
The arena is the home of the Calgary Mustangs of the Alberta Junior Hockey League and the Calgary Dinos university hockey team. It is also the home of Hockey Canada, the Western Hockey League major junior circuit, the AAA Midget Flames of the Alberta Midget Hockey League and is often used as the training facility for the Canadian Olympic and junior national teams.
FDB also hosts games for the annual Mac's AAA midget hockey tournament.
The arena was used for a few ice hockey games at the 1988 Winter Olympics as well as the compulsory figures section of the men's and women's figure skating competitions .
The arena is located in the same complex as McMahon Stadium and Foothills Stadium, adjacent to the University of Calgary.
See also 
NOTE: During the Olympic Games, venues that have naming rights sold may not use their name during the Olympic Games.
- 1920: Palais de Glace d'Anvers
- 1924: Stade Olympique de Chamonix
- 1928: St. Moritz Olympic Ice Rink
- 1932: Olympic Arena (final), Olympic Stadium
- 1936: Olympia-Kunsteisstadion (final), Riessersee
- 1948: Kulm, Olympic Stadium (final), Suvretta
- 1952: Dæhlenenga, Jordal Amfi (final), Kadettangen, Lillestrøm stadion, Marienlyst stadion
- 1956: Apollonino Stadium, Lo Stadio del ghiaccio
- 1960: Blyth Arena (final), Squaw Valley Olympic Skating Rink
- 1964: Messehalle, Olympiahalle
- 1968: La Patinoire Municipale, Le Stade de Glace
- 1972: Makomanai Ice Arena (final), Tsukisamu Indoor Skating Rink
- 1976: Messehalle, Olympiahalle (final)
- 1980: Olympic Center
- 1984: Skenderija II Hall, Zetra Ice Hall (final)
- 1988: Father David Bauer Olympic Arena, Olympic Saddledome (final), Stampede Corral
- 1992: Méribel Ice Palace
- 1994: Gjøvik Olympic Cavern Hall, Håkon Hall (final)
- 1998: Aqua Wing, Big Hat (final)
- 2002: E Center (final), Peaks Ice Arena
- 2006: Palasport Olimpico (final), Torino Esposizioni
- 2010: Rogers Arena (final), UBC Thunderbird Arena
- 2014: Bolshoy Ice Dome (final), Shayba Arena
- 2018: Union Hockey Centre (final), Kwandong University Arena
Coordinates: 51°04′26″N 114°07′35″W / 51.07389°N 114.12639°W