Father of the Bride Part II
|Father of the Bride Part II|
|Directed by||Charles Shyer|
|Produced by||Nancy Meyers|
|Written by||Albert Hackett
Frances Goodrich (screenplay - Father's Little Dividend)
Charles Shyer (screenplay)
|Music by||Alan Silvestri|
William A. Fraker
|Edited by||Adam Bernardi
Stephen A. Rotter
|Distributed by||Touchstone Pictures|
|Running time||106 minutes|
Father of the Bride Part II is a 1995 comedy film starring Steve Martin, Diane Keaton and Martin Short. The film is a sequel to Father of the Bride and a loose remake of the 1951 film Father's Little Dividend, the sequel to the original Father of the Bride film released in 1950.
George Banks must accept the reality of what his daughter's ascension from daughter to wife, and now, to mother means when placed into perspective against his own stage of life. As the comfortable family unit starts to unravel in his mind, a rapid progression into mid-life crisis is in his future. His journey to regain his youth acts as a catalyst for a kind of "rebirth" of his attitude on life when he and his wife, Nina, find how their lives are about to change as well after Nina unexpectedly becomes pregnant. George must now contend not only with his new status as a grandfather, but to also begin again as a new parent just as he was preparing for retirement and an empty nest for him and Nina.
- Steve Martin as George Banks
- Diane Keaton as Nina Banks
- Kimberly Williams-Paisley as Annie Banks-Mackenzie
- George Newbern as Bryan Mackenzie
- Kieran Culkin as Matty Banks
- Martin Short as Franck Eggelhoffer
- Eugene Levy as Mr. Habib
- B.D. Wong as Howard Weinstein
Father of the Bride Part II debuted at No. 2.
Alan Silvestri returned to score the music for the Father of the Bride Part II film. The officially released soundtrack album contains the following 15 tracks:
- Give Me The Simple Life (Performed by Steve Tyrell)
- Annie Returns
- Here Comes the Judge (Judge Tinkleberry's Theme)
- The Way You Look Tonight (Performed by Steve Tyrell)
- Drivin' Me Crazy
- You Gotta Be Kiddin' Me
- When The Saints Go Marching In (By Fats Domino)
- Summer Montage
- George Walks
- Remembering Annie (Squirrel Montage) (By Ralph Waldman)
- Ain't Nobody Cheatin'
- Rush Down Corridor
- George Tells a Story About Divorce
- On the Sunny Side of the Street (Performed by Steve Tyrell)
- End Credit Suite
- "FILM REVIEW;Now, Mother-Daughter Pregnancies". New York Times. Retrieved 2012-06-01.
- "Father Of The Bride Part II". Chicago Sun Times. Retrieved 2012-06-01.
- "MOVIE REVIEW : A Sentimental 'Bride II': Jolly Respite for Holidays". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2012-06-01.
- "Weekend Box Office : Disney Films Dominating the Chart". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2012-06-01.
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Father of the Bride Part II|
- Father of the Bride Part II at the Internet Movie Database
- Father of the Bride Part II at the TCM Movie Database