Computer and video games
|Products||Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West, Bionic Commando Rearmed 2, Hamilton's Great Adventure, Krater, War of the Roses|
Fatshark is an independent video game development studio based in Stockholm, Sweden. The studio is located in Stockholm close to the Globe Arena. Fatshark acted as a subcontractor for several AAA titles for consoles and PC, and the studio also develops its own games. The company's current name is a direct translation from Swedish slang meaning "to understand" or "to get it".
It originated from a company called Northplay, which subcontracted for various Swedish companies between 2003 and 2008. The company is best known for its involvement with the PlayStation 3 and the Xbox 360; developing for both, Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 and versions of their PC game Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West.
Released and future games
As a recent and smaller developer, Fatshark has had some degree of success with its early releases. In 2010, Fatshark released Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West for PC. Described as "Team Fortress 2 meets Wild West", the game received a 7.0 rating from GameSpot. A subsequent 2011 release, Hamilton's Great Adventure was received as a surprising change in the developer's choice of gameplay and genre as it focused more on single-player elements with a relatively low learning curve. Several gaming news outlets covered the company's 2012 release-announcement and footage of Krater, a role-playing video game.
- 2010: Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West - PlayStation Network and Steam
- 2011: Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 - PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade
- 2011: Hamilton's Great Adventure - PlayStation Network, Android, and Steam
- 2012: Krater - Steam
- 2012: War of the Roses - Steam
- 2014: War of the Vikings - Steam
- 2014: Escape Dead Island - Steam, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3
- "Fatshark AB profile page". Giant Bomb. Retrieved 2012-09-10.
- "Fatshark profile page". Mod DB. Retrieved 2012-09-10.
- "Fatshark official about page". Fatshark. Retrieved 2012-09-10.
- "Exclusive Interview With Lead and Gold Developer Fatshark". THGTR. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- Arnroth, Thomas (2011-03-24). "Flatshark reste sig ur ruinerna av Grin" [Fatshark rose from the ruin of Integrin] (in Swedish). IDG.se. Retrieved 2012-09-10.
- "Fatshark profile page". IGN. Retrieved 2012-09-10.
- Watters, Chris. "Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West Review". GameSpot. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- "'Hamilton's Great Adventure' (ALL) Developer Interview With Fatshark". Worthplaying.com. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- O'Conner, Alice. "Fatshark announces post-apocalyptic action-RPG 'Krater'". Shack News. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- Grayson, Nathan. "Fatshark announces post-apocalyptic RPG Krater, valiantly attempts to explain it". PC Gamer. Retrieved 2011-11-12.
- Parrish, Peter. "Fatshark is making a Krater". INCGamers. Retrieved 2011-11-12.