Fatty and Mabel at the San Diego Exposition
|Fatty and Mabel at the San Diego Exposition|
|Directed by||Fatty Arbuckle|
|Produced by||Mack Sennett|
|Distributed by||Keystone Film Company|
|Language||Silent (English intertitles)|
Fatty and Mabel at the San Diego Exposition is a 1915 American silent black-and-white short comedy film, directed by Fatty Arbuckle and starring Arbuckle and Mabel Normand. It was produced by Keystone Studios.
Arbuckle and Normand followed the Keystone tradition of showing up at an actual event and using that as background for a largely improvised film. The event in this case was the Panama-California Exposition, held in Balboa Park in San Diego, California in 1915-1916. The film is 14 minutes long. It was released on 23 January 1915, before the Exposition actually opened (9 March 1915).
- Roscoe 'Fatty' Arbuckle as Fatty
- Mabel Normand as Mabel
- Minta Durfee
- Harry Gribbon as Man in Audience at Hula Show
- Frank Hayes
- Edgar Kennedy as Cop
- Joe Bordeaux as Flirty Guy in Go-Cart
Fatty (Roscoe Arbuckle) and Mabel (Mabel Normand) are a married couple visiting the Exposition. Fatty gets in trouble by flirting with a passing woman (Minta Durfee) while Mabel shops. He chases the woman into a hula pavilion and makes approaches to the dancers. He is accosted by both Mabel and the woman's husband; eventually the police are called to straighten the whole thing out.
- List of American films of 1915
- Fatty Arbuckle filmography
- Mabel and Fatty Viewing the World's Fair at San Francisco (1915)
- "Progressive Silent Film List: Fatty and Mabel at the San Diego Exposition". Silent Era. Retrieved 2009-08-30.
- "Plot Summary for Fatty and Mabel at the San Diego Exposition". IMDb. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- Fatty and Mabel at the San Diego Exposition at the Internet Movie Database
- Fatty and Mabel at the San Diego Exposition at the TCM Movie Database
- Fatty and Mabel at the San Diego Exposition available for free download at Internet Archive
|This 1910s short comedy film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|