|Origin||Edmonton, Alberta, Canada|
|Genres||Electronic rock, space rock, post-rock, dream pop, shoegazing, new wave revival|
|Past members||Joel Hitchcock
Faunts was formed in the fall of 2000 by brothers Steve and Tim Batke. Faunts are released on Friendly Fire Recordings. In 2005, their debut album High Expectations/Low Results was well received. In 2006, a 40-minute EP entitled M4 was released that grew out of music crafted to accompany short films for the Film and Video Arts Society. One of the tracks from the M4 (M4, Pt. II) was featured during the final credits of BioWare's 2007 RPG Mass Effect. This raised the band's profile and "a sizeable new audience was exposed to Faunts’ moody, subdued melodies". On November 18, 2008, they released a remix album titled Faunts Remixed, featuring remixes by acts such as Mark Templeton and DVAS, which is available exclusively through iTunes. This was followed by their second full studio album, Feel.Love.Thinking.Of, which was released on February 17, 2009 and is the result of songwriting over the course of touring across America. The song "Das Malefitz" was featured during the final credits of Mass Effect 3.
- Paul Arnush - drums
- Rob Batke - keyboard, laptop
- Steven Batke - vocals, guitar
- Tim Batke - vocals, guitar, keyboard
- Scott Gallant - bass
- Joel Hitchcock
- Nathan Seatter
- High Expectations/Low Results (October 18, 2005)
- M4 (December 11, 2007)
- Faunts Remixed (November 18, 2008)
- Feel.Love.Thinking.Of (February 17, 2009)
- Left Here Alone - EP (November 17, 2012)
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (February 2008)|
- Album Review Allmusic.
- Faunts dream up a soundtrack for M4 Vue Weekly Issue No. 570. 20 September 2006.
- "Faunts Drop New EP, Album in 2008" XLR8R 6 February 2008.
- Album Review: Faunts - Feel.Love.Thinking.Of. Soundcheck.
- "BioWare Has A 'Mass Effect' On Local Edmonton Band 'Faunts'" G4tv 13 February 2008.
- Review Exclaim! 14 November 2008.
- Review Pitchfork 23 February 2009.
- Matt Conner. "Faunts".
- Hudson, Alex. "Faunts 'Left Here Alone' (EP stream)".