|Company||Kodansha; Del Rey|
Faust (ファウスト Fausuto ) is a literary magazine published irregularly by Kodansha since 2003, promoted as a "Fighting illustory magazine." Square-bound like novels, all volumes have remained in print. Faust features young writers and a style derived from light novels. The magazine is single-handedly edited by Katsushi Ōta, who was also in charge of the Kodansha Box line.
Del Rey released an English language edition in August 2008 and plans to publish at least two volumes total, with content culled from all issues of the Japanese magazine.
- Nisio Isin
- Otaro Maijo - a novelist who was awarded Yukio Mishima Prize from Shinchosha Publishing, 2003, for Asura Girl
- Yuya Sato - a novelist who was awarded Yukio Mishima Prize from Shinchosha Publishing, 2007, for The 1000 novels and a Backbeard
- Tatsuhiko Takimoto
- Kouhei Kadono
- Kinoko Nasu
Open to writers born after 1980, the award winners will have their stories published in the pages of Faust. As yet, there have been no winning entries.
- Vol. 1, October 2003, 528 pages, 933 yen (later 980 yen)
- Vol. 2, March 2004, 600 pages, 1100 yen
- Vol. 3, July 2004, 752 pages, 1365 yen
- Vol. 4, November 2004, 800 pages, 1470 yen
- Vol. 5, May 2005, 840 pages, 1575 yen
- Vol. 6A, November 2005, 908 pages, 1680 yen
- Vol. 6B, December 2005, 1002 pages, 1785 yen
- Comic Faust, June 2006
- Vol. 7, August 2008, 1240 pages, 1890 yen
- Vol. 8, September 2011, 1174 pages, 1890 yen
- Vol. 1, February 2006
- Vol. 2, June 2006
- Vol. 3A, August 2006
- Vol. 3B, November 2006
- Vol. 4A, August 2007
- Vol. 1, April 2006
- Vol. 2, August 2006
- Vol. 3, January 2007
- Vol. 4, June 2007
- Vol. 5, April 2008
- Vol. 1, August 2008
- Vol. 2, June 2009
- Saizensen - A Japanese online magazine offering novels and manga. Its editor-in-chief is also Katsushi Ōta.