||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2011)|
|A. K. M. Fazle Hussain|
20 January 1943|
Bengal Presidency, British India
|Institutions||University of Houston
Johns Hopkins University
California Institute of Technology
University of Cambridge
|Alma mater||Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology
|Doctoral advisor||William C. Reynolds|
|Known for||Application of Nanovector Technology
Optical measurement techniques
A. K. M. Fazle Hussain is a Cullen Distinguished Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Physics, and Earth and Atmospheric Sciences. He is the director of the Institute of Fluid Dynamics & Turbulence at the University of Houston and a member of the advisory board at Shahjalal University of Science and Technology. He is currently serving as the President's Distinguished Chair in Engineering and Science, Senior Adviser to the President and Professor at Texas Tech University.
Hussain did his BS in Mechanical Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology. Following his MS and Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering at Stanford University in 1966 & 1969 under the guidance of William Craig Reynolds, Hussain was a post-doctoral fellow at the Johns Hopkins University with Leslie S. G. Kovasznay and Stanley Corrsin.
Honors and awards
- Freeman Scholar Award of ASME in 1984
- Fluids Engineering Award of ASME in 2000
- Fluid Dynamics Award of AIAA in 2002)
Nonlinear Dynamics of Structures, World Scientific, 1991
- "Mechanics of Pulsatile Flows of Relevance to Cardiovascular System," in Cardiovascular Flow Dynamics and Measurements, (Eds. N.H.C. Hwang and N. Norman), University Park Press, Baltimore, pp. 541–632, 1976.
- "New Aspects of Vortex Dynamics Relevant to Coherent Structures in Turbulent Flows," in Eddy Structure Identification (Ed. J.P. Bonnet) Springer, pp. 61–143. 1996.
- "Genesis and Dynamics of Coherent Structures in Near-wall Turbulence: A New Look," in Self-Sustaining Mechanisms of Wall Turbulence (Ed. R. L. Panton) Computational Mechanics Publications, Southampton, pp. 385, (1997).
- http://www.depts.ttu.edu/me/faculty/faculty.php?name=Fazle Hussain