Fear Flaith Ó Gnímh
Fear Flaith Ó Gnímh (ca. 1540 – ca. 1630) was an early modern Irish poet.
Little is known for certain of Ó Gnímh. He was born in Ulster, and his family located near Larne, County Antrim. His best known poem is A Niocláis, nocht an gcláirsigh! He was known as O'Gnive in English, and was the bard of the O'Neill of Clannaboy.
- A Niocláis, nocht an gcláirsigh!, Irish Bardic Poetry, ed. Osborn Bergin, Dublin, 1970 pp 112–114
- Beannacht ar anmain Éireann, op.cit, pp. 115–117
- A dhuine chuirios an crann, op. cit., 118-119
- Éireannaigh féin fionnLochlannaigh in Dioghluim Dána, ed. Lambert McKenna, Dublin, 1938, pp. 290–293
- Mairg do-chuaidh re ceird ndúthchais in Bergin, op.cit., pp. 120–123
- Tairnig éigse fhuinn Gaoidheal in McKenna, op. cit., pp. 398–399
- Irish Verse: An Anthology, ed. Bob Blaisdell, 2002, pp. 26–29
|This Irish history article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|